BELT DRIVE Huffy Venue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I picked this up at a flea market this past weekend. I probably would've walked right past it had it not been for the belt drive. Very cool!

I did some quick google research and from what I've seen it's a couple of years old. It seems that only the girls bikes are still available online. The difference between the boys and girls version is the seat tube is 1" shorter on the girls frame.

Rides good and pedals very smooth with the belt!
100_4776.JPG
100_4777.JPG

Interesting build off fodder?????????

Peeling the Huffy stickers would change that into a very expensive looking bike.
(Personally I would loose the fenders also.)
How about loose the fenders and change the tires too? I looked in my tire pile and found these 27.5x2.80 MAXXIS Recon+ tires. The single speed wouldn't be very good on the trails, but it looks cool!

Before:
index.php

After:
100_4872.JPG
100_4873.jpg

I wonder if the cog will fit a different hub?
Like an old school kickback or a 3 speed coaster?
I have no experience with it but maybe even a Nexus. That gets ya gears and makes it more versatile.

Carl.

Huge improvement! :thumbsup:
That's amazing Jim. :13: Change a few pieces and you have a completely different bike.:thumbsup:
I agree. Such a simple change but a very dramatic visual change!

I wonder if the cog will fit a different hub?
Like an old school kickback or a 3 speed coaster?
I have no experience with it but maybe even a Nexus. That gets ya gears and makes it more versatile.

Carl.

I wondered about that also. I'll have to look into it when I get the time.

For now though, I'm beginning to warm up to the direction this is moving toward.
A belt driven, V brake, 27.5" single speed Klunker!:aggressive:

:)

Thats a nice bike indeed, been forever since i owned a Huffy, and a belt driven one i haven't owned, I wonder how durable the belt is as well.

Latest posts

Back