BelKnap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this old Belknap with 3 other bikes, they had been under the rafters of pole barn since 1966. I do not know the year or who made it, any info would be appreciated. My computer and I are wrestling so I can only put up a limited amount of info.

Nick, Thank you for the info. This one was head to the Part out pile when my wife spotted it, now I have another winter project.

Labeled for a hardware store from Louisville Kentucky.
It was very common for large manufacturers to provide bikes for various stores with those store names on them.
8883526787_e64d448885.jpg

Thanks Rick for the info. I under stand private labeling from large manufacters. I would Like to find a head badge in the condition of the one in your photo. I think it is neet that it made its way 500 miles north of the USA boarder, and hung in a barn for almost 50 years. That's the fun of fresh finds.

tucker said:
This one was head to the Part out pile when my wife spotted it,
that would have been a shame parting out a original complete bike like this , is so nice looking i would ride it even tho i am a man , your wife will certainly have a cool ride

Onehorsepower, I know what ya mean, I ride step throughs as well. but, this is part of the disease, We all have more bikes than we know what to do with, but when another one or ten come along, we scoop them up. Then we have to do something with them. this is the dilemma. ya can't keep them all and ya need cool parts to build cool bikes. So some go to the keeper pile, some go to the part out pile and some go to the scrap pile. I know it ain't fair but that's the way it is.

Latest posts

Back