Before & After Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished this curved bar Elgin today.

501CBAA2-B1BF-40DB-8BAF-72C95DFEFDF9.jpeg
F2408335-BB81-4AAF-A96B-921F54EDE69D.jpeg
CCA024F5-D6FC-4399-9AA7-4C8FE01235B2.jpeg
C1A6701E-56B5-48EC-BFF1-ABB3FE974ED5.jpeg
4E782D6B-E8D2-4BB7-832C-FB768CF34932.jpeg
79CBA23D-C365-42D8-808B-1ACDF071C35C.jpeg
8F95500F-901F-44AA-AD68-77987F77C915.jpeg

Is that a Selle Royal Drifter saddle?

Correct, sir. Imported it from a Belgian seller who's pricing beat UK vendors.
I'm slowly and carefully removing its printed-on graphics.
Seat now installed correctly rather than simply posed as in previous pic.

FSCN3788.JPG

Correct, sir. Imported it from a Belgian seller who's pricing beat UK vendors.
I'm slowly and carefully removing its printed-on graphics.
Seat now installed correctly rather than simply posed as in previous pic.

View attachment 72849

How do you find it for comfort? I need to replace a squeaky saddle and I've been considering one.

It's good to know that the graphics can be removed as that was the one thing that I didn't like.

How do you find it for comfort? I need to replace a squeaky saddle and I've been considering one.

It's good to know that the graphics can be removed as that was the one thing that I didn't like.

I love the look of the two pre-loved Brooks vintage saddles I fitted to my two previous motorized builds - but comfort-wise, they limit the length of rides I take to about half an hour before my butt goes numb.
For my under-construction Build No. 3, I wanted a gel-type perch capable of giving me much more time in the saddle. Problem was, most gel saddles I looked at were modern looking affairs - till I stumbled across this Selle Royal Drifter. With its faux aged finish, it had the kind of vintage look I needed to compliment my build and comfort-wise I can confirm it's CAF.

I love the look of the two pre-loved Brooks vintage saddles I fitted to my two previous motorized builds - but comfort-wise, they limit the length of rides I take to about half an hour before my butt goes numb.
For my under-construction Build No. 3, I wanted a gel-type perch capable of giving me much more time in the saddle. Problem was, most gel saddles I looked at were modern looking affairs - till I stumbled across this Selle Royal Drifter. With its faux aged finish, it had the kind of vintage look I needed to compliment my build and comfort-wise I can confirm it's CAF.

Good to know. I've been tempted to go down the Brooks route, but my modern cruiser saddle on another bike is so comfy and I'd like something I can sit on for the best part of an hour without risking aching buttocks. My only issue with the Drifter is it doesn't seem to be available in black. Decisions, decisions.

Good to know. I've been tempted to go down the Brooks route, but my modern cruiser saddle on another bike is so comfy and I'd like something I can sit on for the best part of an hour without risking aching buttocks. My only issue with the Drifter is it doesn't seem to be available in black. Decisions, decisions.

Mine is the Royal Drifter 'Plus' saddle - meaning it's the larger version. Pretty sure I had the choice of brown or black when I made the purchase. In fact I just checked online and Selle do offer a black version. There's your decision made...lol.

Mine is the Royal Drifter 'Plus' saddle - meaning it's the larger version. Pretty sure I had the choice of brown or black when I made the purchase. In fact I just checked online and Selle do offer a black version. There's your decision made...lol.

Nice one. Dunno why I thought they were only available in brown.

My 60s jc pennies foremost before and after cleaned with clr and scotch brite satin varnished

Attachments

• 0331181117c.jpg
    0331181117c.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 0331181117b.jpg
    0331181117b.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 0331182101c.jpg
    0331182101c.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 0331182101b.jpg
    0331182101b.jpg