BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - No Seat - Just Board

No seat it is. I just strapped the board onto the rack with tie-wraps and went for a ride. Believe it or not it is actually quite comfortable since it is so wide. Also the fact that it is so low, you don't get much leg extension at all, so not much need to trim it down on the sides. I am diggin the red reverse bullhorns for now. I have an extra skateboard and could easily make a back rest, but I am leaning more to no back rest. I like the low sleek lines on this bike in this configuration. I still plan to notch the board a bit at the front to make it wrap the frame a bit. That will also lower it just a tad.

Oh yeah, the first ride config didn't get any comments. This setup got 4 "cool bike" shout outs.

20110704Photo_F0D5C0B8-93B0-33F2-5713-33A36C036766.jpg

20110704Photo_0AF40533-8330-79E6-C843-D2D1856FB8FB.jpg

20110704Photo_D9BB50AE-0233-8150-E4A3-EACFE4E14626.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Skateboard seat notch and attached

Just in time to ride down to the river and watch the fireworks.

I notched out the front of the skateboard seat to fit aroun the top tube.
I also drilled the hole for the seattube so that a normal seat is always an option in the future.
I finally got to use my Dremel multifunction tool to slice two openings in the rear where the metal rack had two raised bars. This will work perfectly for tie downs for cargo when I go on BEER RUNS.
I attached the skateboard to the rack with cable screw downs.

Happy Fourth of July everyone. I'm heading to River Street to watch some fireworks and make a B double E double R U N........

20110704Photo_EEFD33F0-974D-9828-9BC2-425A1AA6A55A.jpg

20110704Photo_3B601F7C-2FFA-9603-823F-074DF64189F1.jpg

20110704Photo_4E4725C7-153A-4766-D1E0-AFD8C671C7F5.jpg

20110704Photo_9C3500D2-8B40-22AB-288A-BB534A4A2134.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Savannah Flipper's First Rat Build

Gold Street Customs said:
Thats cool, But I am not cutting up my original Tony Hawk powell & peralta just yet, :shock:

I have few $5 yard sale skateboards that I have been collecting to do some homemade long tale bikes (x-tra cycles) (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... tracycle...)

Maybe I will do a true longtail rat bike next year.

Definitely a bike I'd like to ride and that's more how I will judge than on just "totally coolness."

YO THIS BIKE IS NICE. I WOULD PAD THE SKATEBOARD. THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT. THAT WAS ANOTHER IDEA I WAS GOING TO DO TO SIMULATE THE MOTORCYCLE SEAT FOR MY BIKE. SO IF YOU DON'T DO IT I WILL. :mrgreen: GREAT BUILD YA GOT GOING THERE SO .....GET TA BUILDIN'!!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
YO THIS BIKE IS NICE. I WOULD PAD THE SKATEBOARD. THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT. THAT WAS ANOTHER IDEA I WAS GOING TO DO TO SIMULATE THE MOTORCYCLE SEAT FOR MY BIKE. SO IF YOU DON'T DO IT I WILL. :mrgreen: GREAT BUILD YA GOT GOING THERE SO .....GET TA BUILDIN'!!! PEACE

I kinda hate to cover the skateboard because I really like the look of the used and abused artwork.
I do have some diamond plate floor cushion padding I could use for a section of the board.

A skateboard would make a great backer to mount just the foam and leather from an old cycle seat.
I don't mind if you elaborate on any of my work. That is the beauty of this site, feeding off of what others are doing to their rides. Steal away.

Shoutouts are good....one time I was out riding my favorite rat, when I passed a group of FRAT BOYS. One of them said "Man that's the illest F*#@in bike I've ever seen!" Still not sure how I feel about that one :lol: :lol:

Keep the skateboard seat just as it is; so freaking kool.

Re: BEER RUN - Skateboard seat notch and attached

Thanks for all of the compliments, opinions and suggestions. She rode great to the the fireworks and the bike sits so low that it made a great place to sit and watch the show. Also because it sits so low, it was super easy just using my feet on the ground to "skateboard" my way through the crowds.

I decided that I am not putting any cushion on. It would detract from the board. I may taper the front just a little bit. It doesn't make you ride to bow legged, but an inch off of each side at the front 6 inches should help. If I do it, I will have to finish it with a rough rasp and scrub more or the artwork off near the new edge. I don't want it to look like a new cut.

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Bottle Opener

Just won this bottle opener that will probably go on the seat tube or back lip of the skateboard.
I love how it has a magnet to catch the bottle caps. I wouldn't want to get a flat tire from the caps.

KGrHqQOKiQE3e-PVIQBOCBWkqJg0_3.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Carrier or Beer Trailer???

I also tested using an old turn of the century liguor crate on the back. I am thinking it is just a bit too big for this build. It would be cool as a trailer though.

20110704Photo_3A7FA6A2-1605-05E5-34E7-5C76220D7FD4.jpg

20110704Photo_88EB3D08-A01A-6660-A08B-F8BA283E05B0.jpg

20110704Photo_EAB3A6A4-3110-CDEC-7FD0-B0B98A6EFC1B.jpg

Looking good so far :D I personally like it with a seat better, its your bike though, build how you want it :wink: Keep up the good work 8)

I am considering making a RRB Brewery Six Pack Sampler for the rack.

Commemorating the past 5 winners.

#1 - Iron Ghost Springer Seat Wheat
#2 - Ratty Truck 40W Stout
#3 - Madd Hops Hammer Brown Ale
#4 - Galt Town Brooligan Dubbel Carb Porter
#5 - SSV Supernaut Lead Sled Dunkel
#6 - ????????????? Mystery Beer

Re: BEER RUN - Crates and Racks

I am leaning more towards not using the booze crate, but instead just have a six-pack on the back with some bike chain tie downs.

I am considering a porteur rack out front from an old pepsi woodend crate I have.

Re: BEER RUN - Beer can fabrication

Just won a set of old beer cans to use for fabricating some beer details on the bike.

KGrHqYOKp0E3usf63gBODmoOrpCw_12.jpg

Think I might use the Billy Beer, Nudie, or Old Froshinslosh for the headlight.
The others might be used to fabricate a chainguard ro fenders. I'll have to wait until they arrive.
I had planned on using a label from Rogue Dead Guy Ale as my headbadge, but one of these might work instead.

Re: BEER RUN - R.I.P. Miss Olde Frothingslosh

I have to use Miss Olde Frothingslosh somewhere.

You have to love this quote from her obit in 2000

"Some people go their whole lives without finding their niche, their place in the world, where they belonged."
"My aunt belonged on a beer can."

http://www.post-gazette.com/obituaries/ ... arsha2.asp

R.I.P. Marsha

I think I may have found my headbadge!

20000529JBMarsha0529M.jpg

just when i thought you were finished, you come up with more ideas! i like it!

Latest posts

Back