BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Raise your glasses it's Beer 30!!

I like that Nirve frame in the background, is that a 26"?

OK, I know that galvanized pipe did not thread onto your fork steer tube, I can't really tell from the photo, did you cut the bottom angled and make it a wedge?

yoothgeye said:
I like that Nirve frame in the background, is that a 26"?

The Nirve is a little 20" chopper. I plan to use the chopper forks in a 26". I would love to find an adult trike to use the 20" frame on.

OK, I know that galvanized pipe did not thread onto your fork steer tube, I can't really tell from the photo, did you cut the bottom angled and make it a wedge?

I planned to cut it at an angle and use a quill wedge, but I didn't need to. These forks have a threaded flat plate at the bottom of the headtube. I have the stem screw threaded directly onto that with a stem screw washer ground down to fit inside of the pipe coupling (but still big enough to wedge against the top of the 1/2 pipe that is going into the headtube). Am I describing that good enough?

It would be easy enough to cut it at an angle and use a quill wedge. Just be prepared to use some beer can metal or other thin metal as shims around the pipe.

kingfish254 said:
I planned to cut it at an angle and use a quill wedge, but I didn't need to. These forks have a threaded flat plate at the bottom of the headtube. I have the stem screw threaded directly onto that with a stem screw washer ground down to fit inside of the pipe coupling (but still big enough to wedge against the top of the 1/2 pipe that is going into the headtube). Am I describing that good enough?

Yes, you just sandwiched the galvanized to the fork with a long bolt, nut, and washers Shuold work well, though I might worry about slipping a little, but based on the riding position and steering wheel, I don't think you'd yank this hard enough to slip.

And the Nirve bike? 26" You know what it's called?

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Yes, you just sandwiched the galvanized to the fork with a long bolt, nut, and washers Shuold work well, though I might worry about slipping a little, but based on the riding position and steering wheel, I don't think you'd yank this hard enough to slip.

And the Nirve bike? 26" You know what it's called?

Not much chance of slipping. There isn't any upward pull on this low slow and easy rider.

The Nirve is a little 20" chopper. I plan to use the chopper forks in a 26". I would love to find an adult trike to use the 20" frame on.

Well, the 5 liter keg arrived this week. I am still not exactly sure what I am going to do with it. I mocked it up on the tail of BEER RUN. I might make a little cooler out of it by cutting a lid out. I also might just save it, because it might make a cool bike tank.

KGrHqEOKo4E1ruwCdO0BNcoqLUcg_3-1.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

I see that I recieved a couple of more votes and I am now teetering on the brink of the unthinkable dream of going into double digits!!!!!
beer run
beer run
BEER RUN
BEER RUN
BEER RUN

:lol: :lol: :p :p 8) 8)

Had a fun ride on BEER RUN today. Showed it off to some friends that hadn't seen it yet and took some photo ops in front of some bars.
It was a hit with young and old. A few people made me stop so that they could take pictures of it. The kids loved the fins and the horn.

IMG_2231.jpg

My buddy let me bring it inside of his Your Pie pizza joint while I enjoyed a Thai Pie and a Dogfish Head Namaste beer. I had to stop eating a few times to talk with tourists and let them take photos.

You can't help but smile when you see this bike!! Mission accomplished!!

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

Looking good B ! Yo ya got 10 votes! That's my dog! Peace

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one flogging my build-off bike on the road.

Jake Sensi said:
Looking good B ! Yo ya got 10 votes! That's my dog! Peace

No way! That is so cool that I found out by reading your post.
I don't know how you found the time since you are working on three new builds already!
As George Clinton once said "Turn Those Muthas Out"............ GTB,P

Thanks to RRBer Ken Nighplay for pointing out the Blue Moon rendering tool on Photobucket.

IMG_2238-1.jpg

Here is the Photobucket "Pop Art" effect on BEER RUN

IMG_2240-1.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Holy Cow! 28th out of 106! Thanks!!!

More recent photos.

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Holy Cow! 28th out of 106! Thanks!!!

Just in time for the Savannah Craft Brew Fest that happens this weekend, I finished the RRB BO #6 Bonus Brew Trophies.
Some of you may remember the commemorative brews that I did for my BEER RUN entry and how I promised to do the same for the top three winners.
Well, my graphics were extremely basic and it turns out that the winner (petrohead) is a graphic designer. He came up with an awesome label theme that includes a bike chain border and a skiptooth chainring on the neck label.

Without further ado, let me present the triple threatBuild Off 6 brews from Rat Rod Bikes Brewery (Kingfish Bottling Co).

Rat Racer 6 - Rusty Leather Lager
Speed Demon - Vintage Eve-Ale (ginger ale)
Frightliner - Doppelbock Jet Fuel

WP_000177.jpg

Also since I own the Kingfish Bottling Co, we produced a BEER RUN - Uncanny Rat Stout

WP_000180.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Lights overload - 15 light switches

Getting my BEER RUN bike ready for the lighting contest at the Midnight Garden Ride Saturday night. I think I have a shot at winning. So far I have 15 light switches. I will try to post a link to the video. It is pretty wild to see all of these flashing. There is also a costume contest. Wait til you see my outfit. I will be at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest for 5 hours before the contest and ride, so I won't care what I look like.

I also put a Rat Rod Bikes Brewery BEER RUN UnCANny Rat Stout beer label on the backrest and plan to put my RRB Rat somewhere on the back for some site advertising (notice the stickers).
IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Still Building Lights overload 15 light switches

I need to do this on the tall bike! LIGHTS!

Re: BEER RUN - Still Building Lights overload 15 light switches

Here is the video on youtube.
http://youtu.be/7CJDnd7DwH0

I am still not finished with the lights. I have some dollar store glow stick necklaces and bracelets.
I am going to link the necklaces together and have a 4 foot circumference floating circle in each wheel.
I am going to use the bracelet pieces to spell out COLD on one wheel and BEER on the other.

Latest posts

Back