BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - Backboard and Steering Wheel and 24s again.

Last night I found this shirt and had to buy it. If you were going on a BEER RUN what road would you take? The BEER Route of course.

20110730Photo_E6C27194-F788-D58A-AA4B-8690B0BDF580.jpg

I am hoping to have enough time Sunday to add this as back cushion on my new backboard.
20110730Photo_B38981BA-9F02-990F-9F20-C629C02CBA87.jpg
20110730Photo_F8DC0FDB-9147-E69A-EC04-50F08E66501A.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Nasty Drunk DUI Steering

whoinphx said:
OK ... I'm Happy you finally have a PBR can on this build .... Though that steering wheel was from left field .. didn't see that coming....
My Opinion... if you go with Apes or Steering Wheel , you almost need to do the backrest.....
CRAZY Build I'm digging it ....

The graphics on a PBR can are so classic.
This way, whether I win or lose, I already have my Blue Ribbon.

I still remember a song when I was a kid. The chorus was ....
Red Necks
White Socks
and Blue Ribbon Beer

texasbigjon said:
i like it with the 24`s much better! :wink:

Yeah, the 20s where just toooo out there for such a subtle build. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Crazy Cool Steering setup! That cold beer tailight is the Schlitz! Hey Bartender, give me another beer on Kingfish.

2dawgs said:
Crazy Cool Steering setup! That cold beer tailight is the Schlitz! Hey Bartender, give me another beer on Kingfish.

thanks, I just finished moving the flashing Cold Beer sign to the top of the backboard.

This build has had a keg full of mock-up. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
This build has had a keg full of mock-up. :mrgreen:

Of course, it's all about trial and error right up until the deadline. 8)

Re: BEER RUN - Wheelie bar

Final stretch, about the only thing left is wrapping the forks in beer cans.

How do you like my extreme wheelie bar wheels on the backboard?

Moved the flashing COLD BEER sign to the backboard.
Added accents to the backboard.

Completed the steering column.

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Wheelie Bar Wheels

Alright KingFish,

Been meaning to leave a comment for a while, you grabbed my interest with the Tennants can (sounds like it's the Scottish PBR). This build is crazy. Good luck in getting it finished.
BTW tomorrow I got something for that pounding head. :D

Good luck.
Cheers Jonnie

Re: BEER RUN - Finished!!!!! But Rain preventing photos!!

Well, just as I wraped up the final touches and started to take the first set of photos in our courtyard before going on a BEER RUN for photo ops, it started raining. Luckily it looks like hit or miss showers so I should be able to find a few windows of daylight before night falls.

I THINK I NEED A BEER!!!!

Re: BEER RUN - Finished!!!!! But $&%!! Rain preventing photos!!

Even when the rain stops, I can't take BEER RUN on its maiden BEER RUN, because you can't buy beer on Sundays in Georgia.
I guess it's too late to change the theme to SODA RUN. :lol: :lol:

Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Raise your glasses it's Beer 30

FINISHED AND POSTED Here (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43662&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a )

Raise your glasses it's Beer 30!!!

Thank you all for your support!

What a wild drunken ride!!!!!

Cheers!

Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Raise your glasses it's Beer 30!!

great build , was hoping to see a stand up coaster wheelie with u on the skateboard. thanks for the help getting my build posted.

longshort said:
great build , was hoping to see a stand up coaster wheelie with u on the skateboard. thanks for the help getting my build posted.

D.amn, why didn't I think of that??!!
Glad I could help point you in the right direction.

It is cool how RRBBO#6 makes total strangers "build brothers". I have a biz trip to Philly so Jake Sensei and I decided to meet up for drinks tonight.
We sat in Monk's Cafe Beer Emporium for 5 hours until after midnight talking almost entirely about the bikes in the build off and our experiences with bikes. I had a blast!!! I thanked Jake for being the Build Off Cheerleader/Sensei. The comraderie that Jake showed on the forum was genuine. What an awesome dude!

Cheers to all of my other "build brothers (and sisters)" out there. Raise your glasses high to toast the hard work and hard fun you experienced during this build!!!

As we all sift through the wicked monsters that were built this year and get ready to vote, cue up Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" and Get To Chillin' - PEACE!

The 5 liter keg finally arrived. I will update this thread or my finished build when I have time to add it to the bike.

I am looking forward to riding BEER RUN this weekend.

What a blast it has been to be part of this.

I already started tinkering with BEER RUN. I wasn't really happy with the way I built the steering column, so I came up with a better idea. I think it is pretty cool and could possibly even be used for right angle seatposts. I cut a piece of 1/2 pipe the right length to go into the headtube. This headtube had a stationary threaded end so no quill stem wedge is needed. The 1/2 pipe could easily have been cut at an angle to work with a wedge. I wrapped the pipe in one layer of beer can (imagine that) as a shim. I added a 1/2 coupler (with some locktite blue). Then I ground down a stem bolt washer to fit inside the coupler and tightened it down. This locked everything down well. Next I used some locktite and threaded the 1/2 pipe steering column onto the coupler. and then screwed the 1/2 flange that was already attached to my steering wheel. You can see that this method could be used to build up a variety of handlebars from piping. I think if you used a quill wedge and tee instead of the coupling then a right angle seatpost could be made.

Here are the photos. I still need to put the beer can back in place and tighten everything down (with locktite), but you get the idea.
You can also see the build off bomb that exploded in my workshop. Time to clean up so that I have room to move again.

20110806Photo-0001.jpg

20110806Photo-0002.jpg

20110806Photo-0003.jpg

20110806Photo-0004.jpg

20110806Photo-0005.jpg

MAN YOU STILL BUILDIN'!?! GOOD IDEA ON THAT STEERING WHEEL!! HEY WHAT SIZE IS THAT WHITE WALL TIRE?I'M LOOKING FOR A 24X WHATEVER. DO YA STILL HAVE THAT SKULL THAT YOU GOT FOR A BUCK?!? SEND ME SOME FRESH FIND PICS WHEN YA CAN. I NEED A TANK. I'LL SEND YA A PICTURE OF THE ONE I REALLY WANT.I'VE GOT AN AWESOME IDEA FOR YA. YA GONNA LIKE IT I'M SURE. OK BUDDY I'LL HIT CHA BACK LATER. I GOTTA ...GET BACK TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
MAN YOU STILL BUILDIN'!?! GOOD IDEA ON THAT STEERING WHEEL!! HEY WHAT SIZE IS THAT WHITE WALL TIRE?I'M LOOKING FOR A 24X WHATEVER. DO YA STILL HAVE THAT SKULL THAT YOU GOT FOR A BUCK?!? SEND ME SOME FRESH FIND PICS WHEN YA CAN. I NEED A TANK. I'LL SEND YA A PICTURE OF THE ONE I REALLY WANT.I'VE GOT AN AWESOME IDEA FOR YA. YA GONNA LIKE IT I'M SURE. OK BUDDY I'LL HIT CHA BACK LATER. I GOTTA ...GET BACK TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake, the whitewalls are 24x2.0 from a basic walmart Huffy ladies cruiser.
Here is a link to the photo of the flaming skull and some other random stuff that I found today. I plan ot make a headlight out of the skull with flaming red eyes and white backlit teeth. Let me know what kinda tank your looking for and I will keep my eyes open. Looking forward to hearing the idea you have for me.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43238

Latest posts

Back