Beatnik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to make these pics in between downpours and we were under a tornado warning. Hope you enjoy!!!

beatright.jpg

beatlefttop.jpg

beatrear.jpg

beattop2.jpg

beatrightrear.jpg

beatfront.jpg

Thanks!!!

David

I gotta ask - how does the shifter work with the Bendix Multispeed hub? Is it a friction lever or does it have mechanical stops?

Great bike!!

it is all mechanical my build off bike has the same hub. but you were smart enough not to loose the barrel adjuster unlike myself and i had to ummmm make one :oops: very well done with the colors and the shifter location.

Thanks Guys for all the comments!!! It was a fun build for me. Best of luck to everyone in the buildoff and there is some swell bikes that have been presented in the RRBO3.

Crassly said:
I understand how the hub works with the original shift lever, I am asking how the eight ball shifter works.

Crassly- The shifter is a friction only. It is not indexed or a "clickstick" type. I think it originally came on a muscle bike with a 5 spd. derailer. It works well with the Bendix. I made the shift cable using a union nut that has a 1/4" X 28 thread and a Jagwire cable. I soldered an anchor to hold the union nut on the end. Matter of fact, the rear hub has an axel in it that I got from you. Thanks!!!

SWEET___SWEET___SWEET

That is one cool bike! The color combo is perfect. That shifter, sweeeeeeeeeet! Everything about this bike is cool

Latest posts

Back