BEATNIK BOMBITA - Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth Tribute build - Phase 1 Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Guys,

She's going to be a whole lot nicer in the future but she's running!
With all the COVID parts delivery issues, work and family commitments I'm happy to have her finished at a minimum level even. ;^)
Future additions will be completion of the dual '58 Chevy headlight, tank and rear wheel area inserts, fenders, paint etc.
It was a great learning experience as my 1st ever bicycle build and I really enjoyed the input from many more senior builders.
Thanks again to all of those that contributed custom components to make this build. It was an honor to work with you and place your beautiful parts together.
It was fulfilling to work with people from around the globe to jointly create a fun piece of rolling art. I'm looking forward to Phase II
THE TEAM:
Frame: Art Ramirez aka Skrap Father Bikes 'Diamond Bombita' design frame with modifications by Anthony Hobbs
Forks: Adrian aka Adrian Lucejko Designs
Handlebars: Anthony Hobbs aka Flying Machine Bike Company
Sprocket and Pedals: John Lerew aka Gear Head Customs
Wheels: Joe Cavaliere aka Low Tide Customs

I hope that you enjoyed the process and the overall look of the Beatnik Bombita as much as I did!
Here are a couple of videos showing her in action:
20200823_185738.jpg

20200823_185723.jpg

20200823_185738.jpg

20200823_185755.jpg

Last edited:
Great build ! Hope you return for more fun on future build offs.
One tip, put your favorite photo at the very top (above your text) of this Finished Thread. That will be the one the admins choose for the Voting Booth.
Well done!

I know you want color later. I am glad you entered it a little rusty though. There are a couple of different powder coats that look like rust I have been wanting to try on one of my bikes myself. You just reminded me I have been wanting to build myself a giant fat tire sled.

Dig the ride video! Thanks for showing us this cool beast in action.

Great build man! Cool to see so many parts from so many custom bike shops all put together in a killer ride!
CONGRATS!!

Latest posts

Back