Bck in Blck

Jul 25, 2019
main pic.jpg

Final Build Notes:

In comparison to some of the other contenders, this is a fairly basic customization. It was planned as such as I started late for health reasons - again. However, with plating small parts black, powdering rear wheel - fork - skull - fork springs to match the OG paint scheme, installing new headset, implementing the skull into this build and extending the steering column......the simplicity of the task turned into craziness rather quickly.

According to the Build - Off rules, 2 out of 3 was a requirement.
1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Apehangers, steering wheels...)

First rule just mentions tires, even though that could be easily accomplished by playing with tire sizes. This Sparker actually has not just different tire sizes but different wheel sizes. Granted, even the original Sparker came with two different size wheels so that's basically custom off the shelf cheat. However, the wheel I put in took some effort.
Second rule, I did not fulfill this requirement. No banana seat on this one! I think that could have been done easily, depending on finding one but I love that Electra throne that's on there.
Third rule, the muscle bike appropriate bars aka ape hangers. The ape hanger I made fits my size and shoulder width perfectly to generate like a lazy boy like feeling when riding. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable that riding position is and smooth this thing rides. Since it is aluminum, it's super light as well!

2 out of 3 is covered and I am not even last minute this time even though, it's pretty close again! I've seen some amazing builds and I am excited to see them all!! Thanks for all the encouragement throughout the build!

frontal pic.jpg

artist shot.jpg

skull up close.jpg

rear close.jpg
rear far.jpg
rear furthest.jpg
yeah boyyy.jpg

3 quarter beauty shot.jpg

one quarter.jpg

three quarter rear.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Hey @ClarenceB , I flipped your photo of the full bike. You want your final photo right at the top of your Finished Build thread (this one) so the admins can grab that and put it in the Voting Thread once the build off is over and voting begins.

Hopefully you can copy this photo and then paste it in at the top of your thread.

bkinblkfinal.jpeg

You should be able to click on 'Edit' near your Signature at the bottom of your thread, then 'More options' and it will allow you to Upload a File (your new final photo) and then put your cursor at the top of your thread and make a space where you can put a Full Image of this photo in at the top.

Nice work on this bike! If you have time during your edit, add a link to your build thread, and maybe a couple of process photos as well.

Looks like a great rider! I always appreciate a bike build that can be ridden comfortably. They are, after all, bicycles! :wink1:

Reactions: RustyGold
Jul 25, 2019
Hey @ClarenceB , I flipped your photo of the full bike. You want your final photo right at the top of your Finished Build thread (this one) so the admins can grab that and put it in the Voting Thread once the build off is over and voting begins.

Hopefully you can copy this photo and then paste it in at the top of your thread.

View attachment 112882

You should be able to click on 'Edit' near your Signature at the bottom of your thread, then 'More options' and it will allow you to Upload a File (your new final photo) and then put your cursor at the top of your thread and make a space where you can put a Full Image of this photo in at the top.

Nice work on this bike! If you have time during your edit, add a link to your build thread, and maybe a couple of process photos as well.

Looks like a great rider! I always appreciate a bike build that can be ridden comfortably. They are, after all, bicycles! :wink1:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Reactions: OddJob