Battered & Beaten updated 8-4 DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battered & Beaten updated 5-4

Those 700c wheels look right at home. Great vision.

Is that dump near TwinFalls?

Sweet stem.

So was this found out behind the Twister in "Dusk Till Dawn"? :mrgreen: Gotta watch for vampires out there! :wink:

user1857_1179298099.jpg

The story behind this bike is very cool. The white tires and rust is such a great contradiction.. I agree you should clear coat it!! Looking good man!

Any updates? Such a cool bike and back story to quit now. Get to buildin'!

1930s era gravity bike?

You have done micracles bringing it back this far, hope the chain etc works out for you too.

Time has not been on my side. I'm going to try and get it done by the deadline, though it might not be the finished version of it.

I finally was able to get the seatpost out of this thing, it fought me for weeks. I took a scotch brite pad and some simple green and started to scrub away to see if there was any paint left. Surprisingly after sitting outside that long there still was some. So with the pad I got most of the major rust off and then used some naval jelly to get a little more off. Once it dried I put a coat of amber shellac over the whole thing. It really gives it a great look in my opinion.

I decided to go a little different direction on the wheels. I have a really nice skiptooth chain that has just been sitting for a while so I figured this was a good bike to use it on. So the rear wheel is a s2 with a jerald slick. I still need to put the hub guts back in. The front is a s7 that is very similar looking to the rear s2 with an old carlisle tire.

Latest posts

Back