Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pick said:
Holy Smokes Batman! That is gonna be one bad build! 8)

Thanks Pick.That's high praise from someone with your talent.I'm honored :)

KC so-cal said:
I like the tank it works well with that frame !!

Thanks!I thought so.It came on what was left of a girls Columbia made Goodyear Hi-way Patrol a friend picked up at a yard sale for me($10).A little cutting and bending to make it fit properly and a paint scheme I have in mind,should be pretty cool.There's also a chrome piece that fits over the top tube at the front part of the tank that I need to find.Too bad the chainguard was missing :( The hunt continues...

Gold Street Customs said:
Looks alot like my frame,Cool build, I will be watching.

Cool!I hope I can keep your interest.

Circa Cycles said:
Thanks yoothgeye.I liked your bike last year.I keep meaning to subscribe to your military bike.(Doing it next)Being a Gulf War vet,I appreciate people who appreciate where we got our freedoms.

MMmmm...steak!

Thank you for serving.

MMmmm... wooden stake?

[

Thank you for serving.

MMmmm... wooden stake?[/quote]

My pleasure.

OH,STAKE.My bad.I must have heard you wrong.It was getting close to dinner time...

streetpirate said:
oh man I'm diggin this one. your rbr seat looks to me made much better than the funky lopsided one they shipped me!

Glad you like it.It's probably good that the only digital camera is also my inter-galactic communicator.My seat is pretty funky,too.The thick paper on the under side of this one is ripped in half and will be replaced with thick leather if I end up using it on this build.It's a cool looking seat,but quite large.I like the B72 also.It just seems a bit small in scale.Hard to go wrong with a Brooks.Still throwing parts at the bike trying out all my options.I will dig into more seats once I clear a path to them.Still got some parts attached to donor bikes that don't want to come loose.Thanks for checking it out!

I can dig it
batman-style-mustache-design-1.jpg

Re: Bat Rod Parts Selection

Had some time to strip some parts from a girl's Elgin to try fitting while the fork on a women's WF X53(last year's donor bike) soaks some more.Man that thing doesn't want to come off :( But it will :wink: Wanted to see what cape guards and the rear fender looked like on this blood sucker.
7143519911_bebba65272_z.jpg

7143519917_df7b60e9e4_z.jpg

Then tried the front fender from the X53 with the guards for a bobber look.
7143519935_4e15c95d29_z.jpg

7143519939_03c90afeaf_z.jpg

And cape guards with the fenders from previous parts selection.
7143527443_a95bf6c863_z.jpg

7143519971_83014071fb_z.jpg

7143528481_fe31872771_z.jpg

7143519965_dd2b771771_z.jpg

I kind of like the last set of fenders with the cape guards.What do you guys think?The first fender(Elgin) looks ok too.I'm just leaning toward the bobbed look.I may chop the Elgin fender to get that look.I think I have a lightweight fender that matches for the front.More diggin' in the pile I suppose.If I had a narrow peaked fender to fit the fork,I'd probably go that route to add to the Gothic feel of the bike.Guess I'll see if a middleweight fender will fit.Still lots of parts to try before I decide.Got a few forks I'd like to mock up before I start making final decisions.....

I like the idea of cutting the longest Elgin fender get that thing at bottom closer to top..

Not liking the front fender so much...

Houndog said:
I like the idea of cutting the longest Elgin fender get that thing at bottom closer to top..

Not liking the front fender so much...

Thanks for your feedback.I wish I had stuck the front fender in there while I was messin' around to get a better idea what it would look like bobbed.I like that idea with the Elgin fender and thought about it during fitting.I really hope I have a fender that closely matches the rear.I think I do....somewhere.

Would you like the front fender more if it wasn't pink? :lol: I like the length but it's pretty boring.Plus it was easy to grab and throw on for mock-up.I'll have to find something to match the ridge on the Elgin fender I think.

I wonder what people would think if I show the ladies Elgin donor.I also recently picked up a ladies Monark I was planning to part out as well.All original,possibly missing the tank.Bought it for the springer,but may be too nice to steal parts from.I've been dying to get my hands on a Monark fork.Such a cool fork 8) Seems to bottom out REAL easy though when riding.Buzz kill :(

Some of your mock ups look as good as finished builds.
I like the skirts with flared fender.

I really like those skirts, I may try to create something like those.

I love the skirts with the red fender. I like no front fender. And if you're trying out new forks I'm sure they will look better than the current so we should strike a deal on sending them my way :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Those forks are too cool.

Houndog said:
It's not the pink,I just think it's plain looking. That Elgin fender ,that's style baby!!!!
Whole heartedly agreed.I'll stuff the front fender in there in the morning to get the bobber look and post pics.

Houndog said:
How about the x53 on front with a fatter tire??

Ummm,sure.As soon as I can wrestle it from the frame it's on.I've lost the first round.... :(
That whole "leaving bikes out behind the barn for decades" thing we all love so much :)

Latest posts

Back