Basman 346

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what I got from Santa this year (well not really, it's just december sales @ Chopperdome :wink: ):

4195418718_abb839cf26_b.jpg

At first I didn't think much of all that white, but Rhalf had an offer I couldn't refuse. Besides that, I already have 3 black bikes, it will grow on me soon enough. This does mean I'm getting rid of a few bikes due to storage issues.

4194661125_7fe5daaa6c_b.jpg

Mounted 2 b-lights off my RatRod on the rear, and a rechargeable headlight I had laying around for now. Plans are two headlights, and checker the fenders. But now I'm just going to sit it in the livingroom, and stare at it for a while :mrgreen: it's too slippery outside for a testrun !

Re: Basman Snow White

Cheers, it's a brand from Amsterdam, designed by (you guessed it) Bas in 2004. Developped further by Chopperdome in 2005, and a 1000+ frames later I finally was able to get one. There's more info on the http://www.chopperdome.nl website (manufacturer: project 346), but mostly in dutch I'm afraid. But at least there are pictures @ http://www.chopperdome.nl/346-garage-basman. Also feast your eyes on http://www.basman33.nl 8) one day mine will be nice enough to post there too...

Man I am so jealous . That double curve on the bottom is so hard to reproduce with the benders I have. I could buy one ,but 1900 euros is pretty steep for a bike....plus shipping. Your lucky to have one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I bought a new bender and this was a practice run for my copy on the bending larger tubing ....and mine has a 7 speed nexus too

forkchange005.jpg

Nice one Paul, at least you get to say you built it yourself ! Looks like you got the wheelspan covered, my Basman is about 25 cms longer than my Ghostrider, which isn't short at 1.99 mtrs - but suddenly that doesn't look so big anymore. I get funny looks now when I take over other cyclists: first there's a wheel, than a frame with very long handlebars that seem to operate on their own, and only after a while it's me followed by another wheel :mrgreen:

I don't know how these bikes are priced in the States, but you're off by about 900 euro's over here. Normally mine costs €989, but the Chopperdome is moving next week so I was able to get it for €618 in their stocksales. Too good to pass up on, even if it's white :D and I have to say, it's a brilliant cruiser !

PS: Kronan sold to a friend, Electra RatRod sold to a co-worker, and I get money back (about €200) from taxes because I use my Basman for commuting to work, so I'm almost at break-even point already :mrgreen: gotta love Santa !

I looked last night and they were running them on their website for 698 euros....still alot for a bike.With the way our dollar is falling it would make it even worse. I know mine is not as close to the Basman design as I would like for it to have been ,but I have about $40 in materials. I will be able to get close...watch for my upcoming build once the holidays are over with and life gets back to normal. Its a super bike. Probably a design that a company hits once in their lifetime. :wink:

Ohhh...sweet!
Very tasty ride... 8)

Thanks Ham & Eggs, but it's too tasty at the moment for my liking...the bike's been pickled thouroughly from the snowy roads :mrgreen: good job it has a decent paint finish, it all just wipes right off, but it is getting tedious though, bring on spring I say :lol:

Nice bike.
Me like the white frame with the black parts combo.
I've seen the chekered fenders at The Dome think
it should look great. :shock:
Grtz. Lowjack'r.

Yep, the ones at the Chopperdome are fully checkered, but that's pretty hard to accomplish on the sides, with 2 curves to follow. I'm planning on doing only the centre of the fenders. Will keep the fenders on though, as it's my commuterbike. Perhaps I will use wider rims in the future like yours, but have to get the wider fenders as well, my Electra Ghostrider is enough for getting skunked on the back :mrgreen: I am going to replace the front sprocket with a black diamond plate (tranenplaat) one soon, haven't decided on pedals yet. The forklegs will be black as well. Stay tuned. 8)

Snow White is getting darker 8) picked up a few items at the Chopperdome today:
4466748073_914ca2b572_b.jpg

346 bar endcaps
4467523022_4f07e42f60_b.jpg

Black leds
4467523746_e186c650e0_b.jpg

Rotating valvecaps
4466748793_46865b475f_b.jpg

346 sealed bearing crancks + 346 pedals + moondisc 44T
4467522378_eaaf174191_b.jpg

Next week I'll mount the Halflink chain in black metallic 8)
Still to add are headlights, stay tuned !

Re: Basman ebony & ivory

Cheers 8) took it for a spin today, and have to say these crancks peddle a bit tighter, if that makes any sense ?
For some reason the bike runs lighter, it must be the better bearings :? now I get more mileage per sandwich :mrgreen:

Black with silver flake halflink chain mounted 8)

4476909710_864d0c3785_b.jpg

4476919638_2ac2eb253a_b.jpg

I've put the straight line of this halflink chain on the inside, but do wonder: is there general agreement about which way a halflink chain should be put on ?
I just put it on my bike best way I think it looks, with straight lines on the inside and all roundness on the outside 8) please let me know if I've put it on right side up or not, or if it's reversed like this :mrgreen: I do dig the look though, reminds me of tanktracks...

Those halflink chains are cool. I doubt the direction matters too much.

Did you paint the chain?

Latest posts

Back