BarrelBanana Lowrider - still in (ab)use

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to right click and open in a new tab and it says;

Rat Rod Bikes - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

I can see all of the pics fine.
That fork is epic!
Great idea for the barrel stave seat. I did a wooden banana seat with back rest out of two skateboards in BO6 with BEER RUN. It was surprisingly comfortable.

That fork is epic!

I really bent that fork out of pure boredom and now somehow a bike is all of a sudden building itself around it... [emoji33]
I love doing this!

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

It's great when a build goes that way. Just listen to what the bike is telling you and roll with it

I spy with my little eye....
...a possible sissybar!
50f9c28f5c3729a4aa09568a89ae7b41.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SUNSET2 mit Tapatalk

This is cool!! Checked out the images by going directly to the gallery. You've got a great eye SwissGuy....:thumbsup:

The album is set to "Members Only" which may be making the images not show up for some. I can see the sissy bar pic but that's the only one that shows up in the thread.

This is cool!! Checked out the images by going directly to the gallery. You've got a great eye SwissGuy....:thumbsup:
Thank you! (Three years of art school finally pay out) :)

The album is set to "Members Only" which may be making the images not show up for some. I can see the sissy bar pic but that's the only one that shows up in the thread.
The last pic I posted from my phone. I'm gonna change that setting in the album...

Changed to "public". Can you see the pics now?

Made some more progress today:
At work I had time for the finetuning of the dropouts. Now they fit like a glove!
Here with the intended hub:
index.php

index.php

index.php

And here with the mockup rearwheel:
index.php

I think this part of the bike I can call done now...

As mentioned above I found a promising CD stand at a local thrift store. So after the kids went to bed I headed to my man cave in the cellar for another mockup session...

First try showed potential:
index.php

But the seat had to move back to get the angles right for my eyes. So I had to change the seat fixation and try again:
index.php

index.php

Much better already and also viewed from behind the lines flow nicely:
index.php

But while toying around I got my hands on a cut down leftover barrel stave:
index.php

It worked immediatly. I was able to sit on the banana with my full weight. I have enough staves left to cut one into the proper length to get the seat level...
index.php

Now I need some advice: stave or cd stand???:headbang:

Last edited:
The sissy looks good and will relieve some stress from the dropout extensions. Stave support is a great idea. Might be worth cutting that last one to see how it looks level.

After a good nights sleep I made up my mind an went for cd stand option (I still can add on the stave if I feel the need to do it).
Thats how it looks now (I will fit it to the bike tonight):
index.php

Fixation of the lower ends:
index.php

Under the seat (I notched it in a bit):
index.php

An at the backrest:
index.php

Way to get creative it's always cool to see average hose hold items get turned into bike parts . Great idea on the drop out extensions . Looks good [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seat and Sissy bar are mounted. It feels very sturdy and the lines flow nice:
index.php

index.php

index.php

Today I also got rid of the long crank arms. With the shorter ones I will have probably 2-3 cm of ground clearance...
index.php

Next issue to adress: cutting the threads on the fork shaft further down.
index.php

(and of course lacing the back wheel)

Today I worked on the front end. I got rid of the crappy paint on the fork and got the threads cut further down (not an easy job, even for a pro aka he almost messed it up). Back home I mounted the fork with the proper bearings and shortened it accordingly. So now front light and (already operational) break are on. Rear break is on as well (not operational yet) and the shifter for the 3 gear hub found also it's place....
SAM_0207.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

SAM_0209.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

And another full view:
SAM_0213.jpg

And a front view:
SAM_0211.jpg

Latest posts

Back