BO15 Barracuda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. This is my first build off. I am not very good on the computer. this bike came up on Facebook this morning. I did not build the frame. I am still figuring out what I am going to do with it. It will be built with parts I already have. I am going crazy with this virus thing, so I am joining the fun
C8F3B074-87F3-4F45-B786-F9BF34574BA4.jpeg

Welcome to the best custom vintage rat rod bike site on the internet! Cool frame to start a build!
Keep posting your progress, you've got a good beginning already.
RaT oN~!

I like that first configuration with the two white walled tires. Nice look, frame sits down in between those in a good stance.
You might like the easier gearing that the 39t and what looks like a 22 t in the rear(?) will provide with your position on the bike not offering a ton of leverage. You'll be able to 'sit and spin' while people stare at your cool build!

Great score on that frame. I'm not a fan of cantilever frames, but the lines on that flow very well.
How are the custom bars/stem secured in place?

The bars have a stem bolt coming up from the bottom of the steer Tube. There is a wedge welded into the steer tube for alignment and a 5/16 washer Welded on the bottom to stop the stem bolt head View attachment 121668From going up the tube.

That is pretty cool

The bars have a stem bolt coming up from the bottom of the steer Tube. There is a wedge welded into the steer tube for alignment and a 5/16 washer Welded on the bottom to stop the stem bolt head View attachment 121668From going up the tube.
Hm... that's kinda brilliant, like an "upside down" stem... :39:

So the bolt is accessed through the hole in the bottom of the fork? Radical!

There is a wedge welded into the steer tube for alignment
I don't get it. Is the wedge in the fork so the bars would work? Then how would you use another fork, you plan on welding a wedge in there as well?

Cool frame-forks-bars set. It looks pretty wide and long in the rear, I assume it would fit 26x3.0 probably and then some more.

Thanks for all the comments. Mr.Toro I have come up with a different way to hold the handle bars. I have drilled the threads out of a wedge and have a bolt to tighten it down, it works the same as any other bike except it is upside down. Welding the wedge into the fork has to be exact and dose not allow any adjustment. This way I have adjustment. I Will post a picture when I take it apart. Also the rear triangle will only take a 26x2.125 tire. Thanks

Latest posts

Back