Barn Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While attempting to ciean out an old leaky barn in northwest AR., I came across a rusty but still salvageable Columbia Mach. I knew It was something worth saveing but with no badge or paint I had no clue what it was until I finally found a picture on the internet. It appears to be a 69 Mach although the handlebars are not the ones with the half circle, but they're also not your standard issue ape hanger style. these have another 6 or 8 inches that curve down past where the regular ones stop. Anyway, as soon as I figure out how to post a pic I'll get it out so maybe someone can tell me what its worth. I have no interest in doing anything other than keeping it out of the scrap yard and passing it on to someone who can give it new life

Columbia Mach series bikes are really cool. I have owned a few. I've seen them range in price based on condition. Anywhere from $50 for beat up rusty ones, $200-$300 for middle of the road, and $500+ for really nice ones. They were made in bright green and orange. There were several versions. Mach 1, 3, and 5, the number of speeds respectively. Some had a normal fork, some had a straight fork with curved bars that clamped to the fork legs and bolted to the dropouts, and placed the wheel a couple inches out in front of the fork for a bit of rake. They also will have screened on the chainguard the tire setup. 24/20 or 20/16, rear tire/front tire respectively. They had Vista brand grips that matched the paint. I have seen a few with normal highrise handlebars, but I'm not sure if they came from the factory this way. Most Machs have the circular bars. The seats were longer than a normal banana seat with a bit of rise at the back. They had tall sissy bars with a matching backrest. Some had a black seat/backrest combo, but it seems the majority came with an orange seat for the orange bikes, and a glitter green seat for the green bikes.

Latest posts

Back