Bare Bonnie(ville) ... what a trip....... moving into the finished builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUDE!!!!! :eek::praise:
That stem is a work of art and is perfect for the Evans wings.
You should change the name to Bare Bomberville!
WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!

Ditto

WOW!!!!

Thanks!! I have so much to do and so little time, sure wish I didn't screw around for a few weeks now doing other things. I see early mornings and late nights in my future.

INSANE STEM AND PRODUCTION ON THIS BIKE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

As if the handle bars were tricked out enough then he came up with that stem very nice work looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mocking up the shifter and brake handle(in the rough yet) need to trim the bracket and get the other brackets trimmed and installed on the faux tank going to sink the handles little closer to frame yet, once these are done tonight I can make a mount for shifter below and make a brake bracket. Got couple other things done but those pics. for another day.

Whatever you are on, I WANT SOME. You have quite the mechanical imagination forming in 3-D. Looking forward to the finished product

Whatever you are on, I WANT SOME. You have quite the mechanical imagination forming in 3-D. Looking forward to the finished product

Thanks, may be the beer :39: been building cars and hotrods forever.

here's where the paint stick leaked.

Last edited:
Ran these 2 this way back in '86 up before everyone was doing the mono chrome thing. Everyone thought I was nuts at the time. 427 in the Chevelle, 454 in the truck that was named Blackout. even had moons on my car trailer :rolleyes:.
My initial thought on this build was going to be Blackout Bonnie(ville) but bareness won me over next build will be black.
(no scanner so had to take a pic of the pics.)

Like the painted 'thickslick' logo! That yellow will blend in well with your bare build. Rat on!

Love the yellow lettering. Reminds me of the Felt Speedway Thick Bricks. Great idea.

more bad mock up pics. a kickstand gave its life for shifter and brake lever mount, bottom will be trimmed alot more and then my chickin welds don't know how much plastic is in the shifter didn't want to melt anything so turned the heat way down just so it would stick as I needed it attached to get the angle. cutting the lower brake lever next.

today made little progress but seemed I went one step forward 2 steps back, first thing this morning I managed to stick a 1/8 drill bit thru the front tire and tube when I didn't notice the wood spacer I placed between fender and tire fell out while I was drilling for the fender mount basically was in a hurry and didn't do it right :headbang:
so went on and modified the larger rear cog to fit the nexus 7 speed hub, not digging the holes in it but not sure if I have time to fit a aluminum cover on it with everything else I need/would like to do.

Last edited:
also got the shifter and brake mount welded up had to move the brake arm back for enough throw on it but should work now and the extension on the shifter welded on, just need to finish these off. also put brass bushings in the pivot points.

Loving it! I actually like the holey sprocket, but not sure how it will look with the whole bike, I am guessing that is why you want to cover it?

Luke.

Yea with the overall look of the bike that would be the only thing with holes in and I think it kinda clashes but final decision will be made when its all mocked up again for the hundredth time :D

Latest posts

Back