Bare Bonnie(ville) ... what a trip....... moving into the finished builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great solution to the shifter. There's just no substitute for mocking up any ideas you have in your head to truly find out if they work with the flow of your build.

Thanks KF @ RM. I Think I have 50+ the time staring at this thing than working on it but was the same way when I built my '32 and other cars, lots of trial and error until the look just hits ya and it says that's it.

well falling behind some here but still hope to finish.... where does the time go??
finally found some time to work on it again though started rolling bracing for under fenders which will serve as my fender supports (none in rear only one in front) first one against tire is just my spacer rolling the second one around that is what the fender will be welded to, drilled holes about every 5" to plug weld on the bike then fenders can be removed and put some weld beads on inside. radiusing the fenders have been a pain to say the least but think I got them good enough any ways, showing more tire than I wanted but cant do anything about that at this point. I wanted to run the really deep Monark fenders but never could find a extra.

Looking good man some times you just have to step away & turn off the light &when you come back sometimes a new light goes off .sometime we over think things & a simple solution pops up . I don't like the look of cables and fender brackets either. I Like your idea with the brackets . . I've also drilled a small hole in the frame & routed the cable through the frame ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
still behind but I am gaining ground, worked the last couple days on it fenders are welded up and more mock up done, pix tomorrow once I get it off the work table of the fenders want to get it outside for pics.
Today worked on the stem mock up using these adjustable bars the stem just looked thin being 3/4" and with the bars being 1 1/4" at the round mounting point so came up with this, this is just a rough mock up will be trimmed at least a 1/2" shorter done.
My roller only goes down to about 1 3/4" so had to go old school and use the hose clamp trick and the good old harbor freight punch block love this thing for small projects for making domes.

Sweet!!!
That is gonna look well with the aero parts of the Evansaction fork!!!

and coming up with this so far on mock up will add a couple wings to match fork wings, also as said will be shorter by 1/2" or more. sorry bad pics. guess I will call it the.. Da Bomb stem:rolleyes:

Love it! :41:

Luke.

Had to get this thing off the table and outside to look at it farther than 10' away finally, fenders are just sitting in there right now need to trim bottom of front yet weld a few holes up and due some tweaking as when welded they suck in at the welds. I was going to lead the weld area old school but being so thin that idea is out due to the heat I would have to put on them so I am going to fill slightly with a metal to metal filler that evercoat makes it almost looks like lead.

also made a template between bars and picked up a piece of 1/8" aluminum for that and some heim joints for the brake/shift lever project.
also was thinking of doing a filler panel behind seat post to put a # on there but it's not growing on me starting to look to bulky and takes the look away from the frame, not even sure the top piece will make the cut yet, the chain ring on there now is not staying.

Think I will use these aluminum frame pedals not sure if I will get new blocks or maybe make some out of aluminum or? but time is getting short

Last edited:
I'm liking the top panel, but in my opinion the seat tube panel is pretty big.
You may want to just create an oval number panel for that area.

:113::grin::rofl::giggle:
Awesome fountain!!!!
Wicked build!

I agree that the panels are too bulky. I took the liberty to play with it myself, I hope you don't mind.

To keep with the Bonnie(ville) speed theme, I thought this might give it a racy look. It also mimics the fenders.
number three.jpg

BTW, I love the pedals!

I agree that the panels are too bulky. I took the liberty to play with it myself, I hope you don't mind.

To keep with the Bonnie(ville) speed theme, I thought this might give it a racy look. It also mimics the fenders.
View attachment 28207

BTW, I love the pedals!

Not at all appreciate all ideas/comments one of the reasons I was going with a full top panel and 1/8" thick the thinking was there would be a mounting point in rear seat tube center for panel/shift/brake lever mounts all in one but your design there does have me thinking of options. :thumbsup:
the rear panel is definitely out to big I was staring at it again outside and is just wrong for this bike.

Latest posts

Back