Bad Atti2ude

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 14 - CLASS 2 - BUILD JOURNALS' started by Blackout, May 1, 2019.

1. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Over roll is actually better than under, you can usually just pull it back out a bit pretty easy, but getting that last little bit more curve can be a total pain.

The Renaissance Man likes this.
  2. Blackout

Blackout

OddJob likes this.
  3. OddJob

OddJob

We had one of these growing up. Mom used it to wash / rinse and then squeeze out our baseball and football uniforms. That way she could keep the bleach out of the regular washing machine.
    Also the bed sheets, which were too big for our dryer, so she'd ring them out and then hang them on the clothes line.

Looking forward to how you 'implement' this in your design!

RaT-WaSh-RinG oN~!

SpikeFC likes this.
  4. Blackout

Blackout

when I scrap I hang onto anything that I see that can be repurposed into something else (not just for bikes for any artwork) last fall scraped one of those washers but saved the legs. this is the only one that will be used on the build though.
    DSCN1985.JPG

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    D3V1L76, Chad T, kingfish254 and 9 others like this.
  5. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Ooo, lots of potential in that shape!

Blackout likes this.
  6. SpikeFC

SpikeFC

Almost everything can be repurposed, that's why my garage is filled with tons of old sprockets, machinery parts, leather pieces, bullet cases, car parts etc... You never know when you need that one little detail that can change everything.

Can't wait how will you use that washing machine leg...

7. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

Just getting caught up today. Too many builds to try to see them all in one setting so I've slowly been working my way through the field. I'm glad to see you in the build off, your bike Bare Bonnie(ville) is one of my all time favorites! Looking forward to seeing this one.
    I'm always looking for interesting metal pieces like that also. That one has a lot of potential, looks like the start for a cool tank!

8. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Glad to see you in the build off. I'm excited to see what you build from scratch. Killer fatties to start with, and who can go wrong with a washing machine leg shroud.

LukeTheJoker, Blackout and RustyGold like this.
  9. Blackout

Blackout

Not sure where it will end up yet exactly for height (pretty sure it will drop some) or otherwise depending on height may move back or forward some, a lot will be determined when I get the frame design nailed down but to give you an idea there will be some metal work going on also. DSCN2079.JPG

10. Blackout

Blackout

messed around a little last couple days on my English wheel this will not really have fenders per say but will need some curves in some areas. I am rusty on the wheel so need to get back into it and I really need to get some shrinking dies for my planishing hammer instead of my foot shrinker but it works for now. playing around...
    DSCN2082.JPG DSCN2084.JPG DSCN2085.JPG DSCN2086.JPG

11. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

That really looks like fun!
    Something I would love to try at some point...

OneHorsePower likes this.
  12. Blackout

Blackout

well May just flew by just been to busy to mess with this, did manage to pull out the cheapo planishing hammer the English wheel would not get the curve I wanted which I knew going in.
    DSCN2107.JPG
    English wheel curve
    DSCN2085.JPG
    working it thru the planishing hammer can see the difference
    DSCN2130.JPG
    thought about just buying couple motorcycle fenders cutting them up but wanted to make most everything on this build now I just need to find the time

13. OddJob

OddJob

Hey @Blackout , how's this cool build 'coming out in the wash'?