BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/29 Springer Assembled

socratesjpt said:
one of these spaceliners better place

I hope so too! Some tough competition with all of the Spaceliner entries! Thanks for lookin! 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/29 Springer Assembled

tin machine said:
hey pick , lookin for an update ? can't wait to see what you done with you colors , hope you doing good bad apple :lol: tin machine

Thanks Tin! As a matter of fact I have been working on it today. Temp is 101 & about 110 in my metal building. I've been painting some of the smaller parts & will post pics later today or tonight. The heat helps the paint dry a lot faster! :lol: Had to come into the house for a cold one & to cool off. Still haven't painted the frame yet though.

Thanks for lookin! 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Update 7/9 More Parts Painted

Finally a little progress! Got some more parts painted. High temp today here was 105, so I shot these parts & let them bake in my shop which is a metal building about 112 degrees inside! Painted until I ran out of paint, but have more on the way. It took quite a few cold beers to get this stuff done as well! :lol: Frame is not painted yet, saving that for last while I work on the little stuff. I figure the sooner I paint it, the sooner I will scratch it! Also cut 1.25 inches off each end of the bars because I think they were a little too long for my liking. Anyway here are some pics of the progress. I'm also trying to decide whether to paint the spring on the springer green like the frame or leave it as it is. Any input from you experts is welcome & appreciated! Thanks for Lookin! 8)
blkchrome001.jpg

blkchrome002.jpg

blkchrome003.jpg

blkchrome004.jpg

Your a good painter :eek: I'd have drip marks :lol: These are really gonna "POP" on that frame 8) Can't wait to see it come together :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Your a good painter :eek: I'd have drip marks :lol: These are really gonna "POP" on that frame 8) Can't wait to see it come together :wink:

Thanks Buddy! It was so hot here paint dried before it could run! Lucky me. Guess that's a plus for hot weather. 8)

You know I'm a fan of this color, I'd leave the spring as is. Everyone I've seen painted a contrasting color has 'stuck out like a sore thumb', to me anyway....you asked... :roll: :wink:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
You know I'm a fan of this color, I'd leave the spring as is. Everyone I've seen painted a contrasting color has 'stuck out like a sore thumb', to me anyway....you asked... :roll: :wink:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I agree with Dr.T I am a believer in the "less is more" rule and think it is always a good thing to leave them wanted more versus giving them more than they want. Although, if everyone did that around here it might get boring. :?

Petrohead said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I agree with Dr.T I am a believer in the "less is more" rule and think it is always a good thing to leave them wanted more versus giving them more than they want. Although, if everyone did that around here it might get boring. :?

Thanks for the comments & advice guys! I think I have to agree with you guys that "less is more", so I think I will leave well enough alone. Besides it's already painted & that's just one less thing to do. Runnin out of time!

Re: BAD APPLE Update 7/11 ALMOST DONE!!!

On the home stretch! All parts are painted except frame, chainguard & rack. Hope to do those in the next few days. Heat is killin me. 111 yesterday, 106 today! Can't wait to get the big parts painted & start puttin it all together. Here is another boring pic of today's progress. Done with black chrome, ready now for Synergy Green! 8)
blkchrome.jpg

:mrgreen:

Hey Pick,

Your black chrome idea is really panning out. 8)
I'm glad you left the springer in black chrome.

I can't wait to see your bike together!
The green and shiny black are gonna pop.

Good Luck.

Go Spaceliners! :lol:

I wanna see that frame!!! :mrgreen:

Re: BAD APPLE Update 7/14 NO PROGRESS!!!

No progress in the last couple days, but I think I found my project for RRBO #7. Been working a lot of hours & haven't had time to work on Bad Apple. Pic attached (reversed fork & all).
RRBO #7 PROJECT BIKE:
trike002-1.jpg

JUST KIDDING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pick said:
No progress in the last couple days, but I think I found my project for RRBO #7. Been working a lot of hours & haven't had time to work on Bad Apple. Pic attached (reversed fork & all).
RRBO #7 PROJECT BIKE:
trike002-1.jpg

JUST KIDDING! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stretch ?????? :lol: :lol:

HEY PICK!! IT'S HOT! BEERS COLD!! WE'RE ANXIOUS....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Back