BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/5

Got Terry Jones workin on an awesome brass headbadge for the BAD APPLE! This guy has some awesome ideas! Can't wait to see the finished product. 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/7 Headbadge Preview

Here is a sneak preview on the Head Badge I have Terry Jones making for the BAD APPLE! He does awesome work! 8) 8) 8)
BAlogo.jpg

That gonna be sweet!!!
Well, may be not sweet... :lol: :lol:

Gdcast said:
That gonna be sweet!!!
Well, may be not sweet... :lol: :lol:

Maybe Bitter-Sweet! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

This is a great build, looks very nice so far and I love the green color it will be painted.

Willg said:
This is a great build, looks very nice so far and I love the green color it will be painted.

Thanks, I appreciate all the positive comments & also the positive criticism which has helped me make it this far. There is some very stiff competition going on here in this build off! Unbelievable (sp) how much talent & great ideas are going in this contest. My goal is not to win (would be cool though), but not much chance in that. If I can build a bike that I like & am proud of, I will be satisfied! I will have a hard time just voting for 3 bikes! Thanks for lookin! 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Looks cool 8)

pick, i know what you mean about voting for only 3 bikes. no wonder steve gives us a week to vote!

I found the pedals on Ebay . search under antique antique Magna TEARDROP streamline bicycle PEDALS.

socratesjpt said:
I found the pedals on Ebay . search under antique antique Magna TEARDROP streamline bicycle PEDALS.

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate the info! Going to check it out right now! Thanks for lookin!

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/13 a few more parts

Got a few new parts today. Some teardrop pedals & a couple LED bullet lites for the back of the spaceliner rack. Thanks "socratesjpt" for the tip on finding the pedals, been lookin for a long time. Still haven't painted due to humidity, but I think I have a buddy of mine who has a temp & humidity controlled shop talked into letting me paint it there this week. Can't wait to see it with paint! Still haven't decided which chainring to use, decisions, decisions! Really feel like I've fallen behind the rest of you guys, but just keep plugging along. I think I have all my parts rounded up now though. Thanks for lookin! 8)

rrbo6016.jpg

Awesome build :) Are you going to keep the handle bars bare? I think that would look awesome on that bike 8)

YA NOT BEHIND AS SOME PEOPLE. DON'T WORRY YA LOOKING GOOD. THAT'S A GREAT HEADBADGE. I DIG THIS BIKE. C-YA AT THE FINISH LINE...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

AKB said:
Awesome build :) Are you going to keep the handle bars bare? I think that would look awesome on that bike 8)
Thinking about black torpedos on the bars. Thanks for looking, hoping to paint this week & will post pics ASAP. 8)

pick said:
Got a few new parts today. Some teardrop pedals & a couple LED bullet lites for the back of the spaceliner rack. Thanks "socratesjpt" for the tip on finding the pedals, been lookin for a long time. Still haven't painted due to humidity, but I think I have a buddy of mine who has a temp & humidity controlled shop talked into letting me paint it there this week. Can't wait to see it with paint! Still haven't decided which chainring to use, decisions, decisions! Really feel like I've fallen behind the rest of you guys, but just keep plugging along. I think I have all my parts rounded up now though. Thanks for lookin! 8)

rrbo6016.jpg

Do those pedals have real bearings? I remember some time ago somebody got burned with a set, they had plastic bushings that wore out quick!
And those lites are cool, I am going to have to step up my spaceliner rack plans! 8)

Pedals have real bearings! Glad you like the lites, I think they will look cool on the back of the rack! Thanks for looking & also for your compliments. 8) Need to get some more work done to catch up with some of the other guys!

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/16

Finally found a chainring I liked, off of an old BMX bike I had for parts. Sand blasted it & the crank. Not sure about color yet, either chrome or black chrome. Wheels will be painted to match chainring & crank. Any input is appreciated. Thanks for lookin! 8)
crank.jpg

Latest posts

Back