BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE

Use Jasco to strip the paint. It comes in a can & you just spray it on & let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes & just wipe off the old paint & then spray it off with a hose. It works awesome!!!!! It's only $5 a can at Lowes & 1 can is enough for a frame. See how it worked on my build in this section (Factory Scwhinn Hot Rod Ocean Blue)

rusty513 said:
Use Jasco to strip the paint. It comes in a can & you just spray it on & let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes & just wipe off the old paint & then spray it off with a hose. It works awesome!!!!! It's only $5 a can at Lowes & 1 can is enough for a frame. See how it worked on my build in this section (Factory Scwhinn Hot Rod Ocean Blue)
Thanks for the info. Headin to Lowe's now! 8)

rusty513 said:

Thanks for the advice rusty513. I've used all kinds of stripper, but this stuff works great! Next the frame goes to my sandblast cabinet to remove what little paint the stripper didn't. Then a few coats primer, some sanding and finally the color coat followed by clear coat.
rrbo6011.jpg

And the color for the finished product: I just love this color!
camaro.jpg

I call that "Incredible Hulk Green" :lol:

This one is looking good. I can't wait to see the paint on it and whatever other tricks you've got up your sleeve. :mrgreen:

That color is the best! can't wait to see it on a bike. I was practically yelling at my son in the car when one was going by " Did you see that?!, I want that color on a bike some day!". I'll at least get a preview. 8)

Thanks guys, I can't wait to see it with color either. Am heading to the lake today to finish out the weekend (poor me!), so won't get much done until Tuesday. Thanks for lookin! 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Update 5/30

After stripping paint the other day, I spent several hours today with my best friend "the angle grinder with a red scotchbrite pad". I was going to sandblast it, but this is working so good, im just using the grinder. This frame is looking so good in bare metal, I am SO tempted to just clearcoat it as is, but better stick with my original plan. Im about half way done with the frame so far. Then on to primer, paint & clearcoat. Then the real fun begins. 8)

MY BEST FRIEND TODAY! :wink:
rrbo6014.jpg

SLOW GOIN PROGRESS!
:lol:
rrbo6012.jpg

rrbo6013.jpg

Re: BAD APPLE Update 5/31

Stripping the rack & chainguard today & then ready for paint. I'm as anxious as you! Then I have to worry about scratching it when I put it all back together (I hate that!) :lol: :mrgreen: 8)

Re: BAD APPLE Update 5/31

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Lets see some paint! :D :D

SCHWINNRAY69 is pushing for paint, (thanks for the motivation!) so I had no choice. :lol: Finally got the last few parts blasted & ready. Waiting now for humidity to go down, so I can paint. (prefer to only do it once) Can't wait to see this thing painted myself!

Last few pieces ready for paint! 8)
rrbo6015.jpg

Re: BAD APPLE Update 6/1

Skipton said:
How about now is it painted yet?! :roll: :lol:

Great build can't wait to see the color laid down

Not yet! I have my alarm set for 5am for painting. I will call you when I get up, so you can be the first to see it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: 8)

Skipton said:
Still waiting by the phone :lol: ...... Really humid here....thinking the same for Kansas
Yep humid here as well!!1 Waiting game is on. I hate to paint when it's humid, you never know what you will end up with & i'm real picky about paint. Guess I'll just work on some of the other parts to pass the time. 8)

Just because I like this bike a lot :mrgreen:
rrbo6008.jpg

Thanks Bud! Your bike is awesome as well! 8)

Latest posts

Back