BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE

Finally got the rack where I want it. Still need to trim off lower portion of mounts. Tried the original chainguard, but think I will stick with the one in the previous posts. Very little progress, but happy with the results. Once I get all the details figured out, stripping of paint & some stock bracket removal will begin to clean up the lines on the frame. BTW Bad Apple will not be red! Here is the final rack & seat setup I'm going with.
rrbo6009.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite builds :mrgreen: VERY cool :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Thanks bro! That means a lot to me from a veteran builder!

NICE...NICE! Everything "flows" PERFECTLY....A true CUSTOM!

Looks great man! keep it up!
I have an old spaceliner frame in my garage, and your giving me ideas! I may have to *ahem* borrow some of them!

pick said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Your welcome :D Never new I was a veteran builder...I take that as a great compliment :mrgreen: Thanks :D Oh yeah...is the bike being painted green???? Or is it a secret :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
pick said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Your welcome :D Never new I was a veteran builder...I take that as a great compliment :mrgreen: Thanks :D Oh yeah...is the bike being painted green???? Or is it a secret :lol:

I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya! Just Kidding, Actually the plan is to paint it Synergy Green, the super bright green on the new Camaros. But don't tell anyone!!! HAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skipton said:
my neighbor has a brand new Synergy Green Camaro...what a great color for a bike! :mrgreen:
Thanks, first time I saw that color, I knew I had to have it on a bike & I'm not typically big on green. This color green just screams attention! 8)

Spent a little time on the project today! Snuck out to the backyard & made a little progress before my wife found me & put me to work on honey-do's. Removed the tank mount tabs to clean up the frame & also added one more bolt hole in the rear wheel extensions. Wouldn't you know it, needed 2 - 5/16 bolts & could only find 1. (story of my life) Since the nearest hardware store is 12 miles from home, it will have to wait till tomorrow. Attached are some pics of progress as well as a pic of my supervisor (grandson) with the bike. Trust me, this dude knows how cool is supposed to look. :lol: :mrgreen: 8)
Before
rrbo6002-1.jpg

After
rrbo6004-1.jpg

Before
rrbo6003-1.jpg

After
rrbo6005.jpg

And the rear wheel extensions
rrbo6006-1.jpg

And finally, my supervisor for the day
rrbo6001-2.jpg

Better get on the mower now, my backyard looks like crap!

SAME priorities as me....Bike FIRST, yard SECOND! :lol:

KOTA said:
SAME priorities as me....Bike FIRST, yard SECOND! :lol:
Would you explain that to my wife? Honestly, we must have the most tolerant women on the planet huh? :lol: At least we don't have to have our hair or nails done every 2 weeks! :mrgreen:

while your mowing, dont be surprised if your supervisor goes for a joyride on your bike! :eek:

X-RAY said:
while your mowing, dont be surprised if your supervisor goes for a joyride on your bike! :eek:
Believe it or not, he has some pretty cool bikes. Took off his own training wheels @ 3 yrs old & been ridin like a pro ever since. He is probably the reason I got interested in bikes myself. I have always been picking up bikes & fixing them up for him & always try to make sure they are different than any of his buddies, so that's how I got the fever. Thanks for lookin @ my thread! 8) :mrgreen:

sounds just like my son. 8) he kept riding his sisters bike untill we took the training wheels off his. and he's the reason i got back into bikes. he ran into me and bent my rear wheel. looked on the net for a new wheel, didnt like the prices, so looked for articles on trueing. found gerry's site and led me to here. now im a ratraddin fool! :mrgreen:

X-RAY said:
sounds just like my son. 8) he kept riding his sisters bike untill we took the training wheels off his. and he's the reason i got back into bikes. he ran into me and bent my rear wheel. looked on the net for a new wheel, didnt like the prices, so looked for articles on trueing. found gerry's site and led me to here. now im a ratraddin fool! :mrgreen:
I love to read those stories. :) Sorry for the thread hijack. On the subject of the thread, your picture reminds me of good times like these spent with my kid.

BAD APPLE dismantled for stripping of paint in preparation for the 2011 Camaro Synergy Green new paint. Stripping paint is my favorite (NOT)!
rrbo6010.jpg

Latest posts

Back