B0-X----- WEENIE WAGON -----B0-X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to save some money, these screw on disc brakes are not too bad from China:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Moun...17?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a88173f11

I have bought a couple for projects and they work fine. Only thing to remember is they use the less common 6x48mm bolt spacing instead of the common 6x44mm bolt spacing so you have to use the disc that comes with it...

Luke.
Have my eye on them,will decide in the next few days.But they will be perfect for future projects,hoping to build a few.

Have my eye on them,will decide in the next few days.But they will be perfect for future projects,hoping to build a few.
Just remember, they don't work in reverse... They just unscrew...

Luke.

So hounding around for a double threaded hub.
I came across this.Great for anyone building a motorized bike.
HD_Axle_Kit_For_Motorized_Bike.jpg

Also with Glen's idea you can purchase a disc adapter to mount disk brakes.
$_1.JPG

So all I had to do was use the rear wheel for the front on the Indian.DOH!!!:39:
Do you remember what site this hub and brake set were on?

I'm getting hungry for some bratwurst!!!

I feel your pain on the work thing, all these darn people wanting stuff they order...crazy...lol

Yip pee !!!
I started today.
I wanted to see if I could weld a extra thread onto a old hub/rim.
Wasn't so hard in the end.
DSCN4810.JPG
This is so I can mount a band brake on.
DSCN4811.JPG
Wheel needs a bit of truing.
But I am still deciding if I want to join to rims together.Will figure that out down the line.
I am going with the rear of this girls bike,I will need to widen the stays.Also hoping to use 5 or 6 speed gears?
DSCN4814.JPG
Here is the hot dog machine.The gas lines need to be refitted.Someone has done a bodge job trying to repair it at one stage.
DSCN4816.JPG
The lines are suppose to be inside not dropped out of the bottom.:confused:
DSCN4817.JPG

Good start,glad to see you finally have some time for it.
I was almost going to pull out...But I hate quitting.
So I will try and do a bit everyday.

Me too. I've been thinking of switching to a Cargo Bike build instead of SIDEBOLT. They are both builds I've been itching to do. I'll probably stick with what I've started though and take notes watching you build the Weenie Wagon... so I'm glad you're sticking with it. :113:

Glen.

Me too. I've been thinking of switching to a Cargo Bike build instead of SIDEBOLT. They are both builds I've been itching to do. I'll probably stick with what I've started though and take notes watching you build the Weenie Wagon... so I'm glad you're sticking with it. :113:

Glen.
Do the cargo bike for the Winter build off.Start collecting everything now.

I thought the same when I realized Artemus wouldn't turn out anything like I wanted,but I don't care much for not finishing what I start either. Progress is slow,but I should make it.

Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.

I thought the same when I realized Artemus wouldn't turn out anything like I wanted,but I don't care much for not finishing what I start either. Progress is slow,but I should make it.

Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.
With so much work going on, I have no energy. I give myself Sundays off.But I am so exhausted,mostly I spend it horizontal or in front of the TV zoning out like a zombie.
But the work has slowed down,and it is more casual,and I am not racing up n down ladders.
So I will have time to start in the afternoons or mornings.

With so much work going on, I have no energy. I give myself Sundays off.But I am so exhausted,mostly I spend it horizontal or in front of the TV zoning out like a zombie.
But the work has slowed down,and it is more casual,and I am not racing up n down ladders.
So I will have time to start in the afternoons or mornings.
I know what that's like. My job fluctuates my hours so much I honestly feel like I have to schedule restroom breaks, I don't like it at all.
I've decided to get my engineering degree,so hopefully I can get out of the quicksand.

I paint houses-wait scratch that villas.I work on my own hours and the weather conditions. If it is to windy,you can't paint,rain forget it and no wind on a hot summers day is murder.So some days I do 10 hrs straight no breaks to get the job done.
Most work is now to have these villas ready for the owners who come for 2 weeks or 1 mth vacation in their summer homes...This one gets rented out 10,000euro a week.
DSCN4741.JPG
DSCN4743.JPG
DSCN4749.JPG
DSCN4588.JPG

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3886190

Maybe Rat Rod Bikes can send the top 13 builders on a all paid vacation.:rofl:

I paint houses-wait scratch that villas.I work on my own hours and the weather conditions. If it is to windy,you can't paint,rain forget it and no wind on a hot summers day is murder.So some days I do 10 hrs straight no breaks to get the job done.
Most work is now to have these villas ready for the owners who come for 2 weeks or 1 mth vacation in their summer homes...This one gets rented out 10,000euro a week.View attachment 11329 View attachment 11330 View attachment 11331 View attachment 11332

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3886190

Maybe Rat Rod Bikes can send the top 13 builders on a all paid vacation.:rofl:
Beautiful villas, if the top 13 get to go I better step up my game. An ocean view would be awesome.

Wow... very nice. I was a painter once upon a time, but never painted anything that flash :13:

Glen.
Yep,thats what the wealthy side of life looks like...

Latest posts

Back