b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey icy, contact gaskill about a sticker kit, let him know i told ya, hopefully he can help you(and remember what im talking about). if he doesnt remember, throw him this pic:
DSCN7746.jpg

stretch said:
hey icy, contact gaskill about a sticker kit, let him know i told ya, hopefully he can help you(and remember what im talking about). if he doesnt remember, throw him this pic:
DSCN7746.jpg

oh thaty would be perfect! thx for the heads up.

feuerdog said:
This bike has such an interesting heavy duty/steampunk/boardtrack/industrial style to it.

It's got so much potential to go in so many different style directions. Very cool.
i appreciate that. :)

Thanks so much for the tip feuerdog. Hopefully i an score some before the end of the build-off so I can complete my racer haha

bob4boardwalks said:
Thanks so much for the tip feuerdog. Hopefully i an score some before the end of the build-off so I can complete my racer haha

wrong guy, but your welcome none the less. :)

haha sorry bit of a newb when it comes to forums. :oops:

legburner said:
I think this thing looks killer as is. It's ratty as heck and you know it'll stop people in thier tracks for a look. :shock: I like the stickers on the rear wheel the most. :D

It's funny what some people can do with what they have at their house.

This is one of the coolest freaking bikes I've seen. I didn't want to see it be painted, but the result is crazy good. This bike is a freak!

Totally awesome and an undeniable work of art.

Personally, I would stay away from white walls, especially if you are going with nascar type numbers. I would totally have left the thing the original copper/gold. You started from two Schwinns and it was almost too good to be true. Anyway, it's still the sickest thing I've seen for a while.

Indeed one of the coolest things around right now, i cant wait to see whats comming next. :D
I hope something like this is in the making 8) ,
24buumd.jpg

or something like this would make it even more evil looking,
33c9jyu.jpg

thx guys.
this really was one of those, "this is what's kickin around, lets see where it takes me" kinda build.

there was no clear game plan, and had no idea what i'd end up with. that being said, i am very pleased with the result.

man, that gas mask light is incredable! and i know just the place to purchase dirt cheap gas mask's ($5-$6 for kids)
IMG_0391.jpg

perry insisted on being in the photo

icyuod2 said:
thx guys.
this really was one of those, "this is what's kickin around, lets see where it takes me" kinda build.

there was no clear game plan, and had no idea what i'd end up with. that being said, i am very pleased with the result.

man, that gas mask light is incredable! and i know just the place to purchase dirt cheap gas mask's ($5-$6 for kids)
IMG_0391.jpg

perry insisted on being in the photo

Cool!(that pic almost looks like an album cover for some sick band). 8)

The grey of the mask almost matches the tank insert too.

Perry looks kinda agitated, did you try the other gasmask on him? :lol:

perry is a 25lbs suck. i shoed him a way a couple times attemping to take the pic.

he didn't like that much (was craving some attention) hense the aggitated look. :)

our cat kept attacking my hand the other day when i was on here. my daughter said "well, you ARE holding a mouse."

laughing @ your daughter (well laughing with her, not at her) :lol:

kids say the darnedest things. :)

edit* without thinking, i typed the short forum for "laughing my ... off."
figured i better change it before ya saw the post.

the forum censored version of my text seemed even more offensive than the uncensored version.
"blank @ your daughter" :lol: :lol: :lol:

icyuod2 said:
perry is a 25lbs suck. i shoed him a way a couple times attemping to take the pic.

he didn't like that much (was craving some attention) hense the aggitated look. :)
hahaha my cats are 20 and 15 lbs. the 20lb one likes to show off his belly.
the other cat will chase anything that moves

sam

chainguard (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

Would you have close up pictures of how you attached the chainguard to the frame? I'm curious if you drilled into the frame, or fabbed up tabs to wrap around the frame.

Re: chainguard (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

clerkkent said:
Would you have close up pictures of how you attached the chainguard to the frame? I'm curious if you drilled into the frame, or fabbed up tabs to wrap around the frame.

actually, a little of both.

the front clamp is a fully ajustable chainguard clamp i scavanged off on old supercycle 10 speed frame i have in the back yard. it was a little big, so i used an innertube shim. (will also protect the paint from the clamp)
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

i just had to drill 2 holes in the chainguard to match the threaded holes in the chainguard clamp.it would be an easy enough bracket to fab out of a bolt, a few nuts and a 90* piece of steel.

the back, i shaped to fit the frame with my dremel, then just sunk a self tapping screw into the frame.
theres a washer on the back of the chainguard, so i could tighten it right to the frame.
IMG_0397-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back