b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
badmuller said:
Just wondered, can you still inflate the rear tire or do you have to dismantle the bike for that?

maybe an extension that sticks through the disc somewhere...

as it sits right now, ya have to dismantle the rear wheel assembly. i've been waiting for a friend of
mine to bring by a 1.5" diamond hole saw. (never had much luck drilling steel with the standard bi-metal hole saw)
when it arrives i'll drill a hole to access the valve.

did a little more work first thing this morning.
finished the plate. its just thin galvanized sheet metal . (brackets also) all cut with wiss 3"
long tin snips that remove the burr while you cut.
i just cut and used my table to fold em, then bent em around the bar.
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

short on grips, so bar clambs and string it is. :)
IMG_0248-1.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

why do i have a gas pump on my deck you ask? perhaps it was for the picture,
but probably cause i don't make a habbit of turning away $40 gas pumps (if i need em or not.) :lol:

Looks great, there is the same excercycle in someones yard down the road, i may have to grab that.

alright, i'm done with it till after the buildoff.
3 speed shifters installed. i used some of an after market suntour, a small 8 ball and the top of an old canada pacific(railroad) fire extinguiser.

rides like a dream.
IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0264-1.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

E X C E L L E N T !!!

One of the best I´ve seen lately!
In my humble opinion I would do only two things on her:
1- Loose the tank/sheet.
2- Paint front spokes golden.

You have inspired me to start my next build,
this bike has giving me so many good ideas and for that I thank you kindly sir! :wink:

Gdcast said:
E X C E L L E N T !!!

One of the best I´ve seen lately!
In my humble opinion I would do only two things on her:
1- Loose the tank/sheet.
2- Paint front spokes golden.

You have inspired me to start my next build,
this bike has giving me so many good ideas and for that I thank you kindly sir! :wink:

thx for the kind words guys.

oh i'm digging the sheet metal, i wanna spend some time practicing my pinstriping skills. :)
that being said, its easily removed/swapped out

still not 100% committed to the color sceme, but it's here for a little while.
matching spokes is a must.

i do like the gold and blue together on that hot rod, but i think the white walls will set it off.

i know where i can get a pair of 3" felt white walls, i just have to make the hour drive. :)

May I ask what triple trees you used? I've been looking for a set of them with the dual clamps on them and haven't had much luck.

canadian tire stores here in canada have a cheap line of bicycles made for the company (super cycle)
those triple tree's are from a cheap full suspention 24" supercycle i picked up for $10 on kijiji
(used the rims for a previous build and held on to the triple tree's)
201020Supercycle20Hooligan20Blue20Y.jpg

the forks themselves are just stainless tube i picked up from the local metal superstore.

I think this thing looks killer as is. It's ratty as heck and you know it'll stop people in thier tracks for a look. :shock: I like the stickers on the rear wheel the most. :D

I like the black, gold and silver combo. I agree, gold spokes in the front would be sweet. The plate brackets (the "tank" plate) might be cool gold too. I'm digging this bike

thx guys, and thx for the suggestions. i've been sourcing out more old car stickers. i just need to find ones small enough.

i'd like to eventually give the sheet metal an old school cascar/stock car style number/sponsers. faded and scratched up. then i'll probably cake it in stickers. :)

This bike has such an interesting heavy duty/steampunk/boardtrack/industrial style to it.

It's got so much potential to go in so many different style directions. Very cool.

Latest posts

Back