RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep~! That new fork set up, the seat, and that Bontrager road wheel looks good up front too. Everything is balanced.

Stripped for clear. I've got a couple small runs in the first coat but they'll sand out. Florescent lights in the garage are playing havoc with the color in the pics. The turquoise colors vary and I'm hoping I can get a good pic of the rust colored dusts that are in the clear coat. It's pretty weird. Not quite turquoise stone, but not a finish I've ever seen before either.
e294e0ec602919e7397e718c00e4c016.jpg
b80186ca9c9dc814b47e9bc2e493f8d5.jpg
63fb7073cf4dc0ecfcd9a791f0f68877.jpg
9bfd31b876c419c8171057d2682d3b26.jpg

I figure two or three more coats of clear, with a little 1500 to 2000 grit sanding between.

Carl.

Looks a little like Fender seafoam on my screen. :cool:
Yeah between the late nite florescent lighting and my cheap cell phone, there isn't much chance of an accurate representation [emoji88] but seafoam is in the spectrum of colors here. Note that I used three different colors at the same time alternating frequently, and am adding a chalk based dust into the clear to replicate a piece of turquoise. Today I hope to tape off the tank and paint it too.

Carl.

I must have missed the fact that there was some glitter flake in the paint. Looks great.

I must have missed the fact that there was some glitter flake in the paint. Looks great.
Ah... very observant. It's DupaColor Effex clear, and it has a micro flake in it. I don't have much of it, so it's only on the top bar and the canti's. There's lots of little bits of stuff here and there, I ghosted on some gold around the drop outs and the lighter blue is sprayed mostly up from the bottom of the frame along with some plum purple which is impossible to see except from the bottom. So the rest of the clear is good old Rustoleum crystal clear, wetsanded with 1000 between coats and I'm headed out to the garage to check on the third coat of clear and the first coat of paint on the tanks. So, pics soon.

Carl.

I love how the head tube, the seat tube and the rack (sissy)bar all have the same angle.
Thanks! Often the angle of the head tube and seat post are the same. The fork extensions emphasize it, and with a little care in mounting rear racks and a little judicious bending, it's possible to get rear racks to line up too. (it actually may need just a bit more, right behind the seat tube) Thanks again!

Carl.

Originally I see most of my builds as dragsters, but this one sits and rides like a Highboy. With the 3 speed it's quick enough... But it's still a tank and we won't be riding any wheelies thru the quarter.
3e293cc545f5a0857e904f656038695b.jpg

Carl.

Latest posts

Back