Axle Nuts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, I've tried 3/8 x 24 and 26 pitch washered nuts. The 3/8 x 26 is close, but only thread on a few threads before they feel wrong. I don't see anything in a 10MM x ? available.
Anyone?

Here's the Park Tool thread chart. Solid axles are typically 3/8" and QR axles are usually 9x1mm front & 10x1 rear. There are exception, though, so maybe you've got a quirky example.

threads.jpg

I'm pretty sure the axles are 3/8 x 26tpi, as they are solid axles. I'm going to pick up a tap and clean up the threads and see how that works.
Really sucks, as they are brand new chrome nuts with the swivel washers.
Thanks for the chart, Rusty.

Some axles use an odd size to be jerks. Sturmey Archer has some unusual one, for instance (and I don't think it's Whitworth).

Thread pitch guage is $5 at lowes and youll use it forever. Itll save you a lot of trips to the store.
If they are M10 at least you can gind those at most decent hardware stores. Hope you get it figured out.

My SRAM 2 speed hub used 10mm x 1. When the soft ones that came with them were stripped by the shop changing my wheel, I had to hunt all over to find the right size. A hardware store had them.

Latest posts

Back