AUNT FLOW (another distraction 7-4)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's just a name, not a theme :lol: :lol:

I'll give you guys a few days to figure out what I'm using :mrgreen:

Basically I plan to combine this:

With this:

And hopefully get a cool bike out of it! Pictures coming soon........

Re: AUNT FLOW

Flo Approves This Message.

images

A Progressive Mustang Color Flow Flapper.
Good luck.

Why Aunt Flow you may be asking.........because my goal is simple. To make the meanest ladies bike ever, OR DIE TRYING :lol:

All guys know that Auntie Flo is the meanest woman ever :roll:

Now for a bike to match the name..............

A late 30's Shelby AirFLOW!! I have been sitting on this bike for about 2 years now. Member Deven_science found it on Craigslist out in Sacramento for cheap and I had to have it. He was cool enough to buy it, box it, and send it out to me. What a guy! Really all that was left of the original bike was the frame, fork, tank, neck, and drop stand. Pity, but I will fix that :wink: When I saw it, I knew it was the PERFECT rat candidate. I sold off most of the unwanted parts, and ended up with a pretty cheap starting point :wink:

So here's what I am starting with:

Re: AUNT FLOW (the unveiling)

that thing is awsome! congrats on the cool start point!

I look forward to seeing how mean you make that ladies bike (it will give me something to shoot for when i get around to building my mean ladies bike Iron Maiden)

I know it isn't in your design but that tank would look good with a flying tiger shark graphic

Wicked starting point of a bike!!!
Also cool story of one RRBer helping out another!
I just noticed that the chainring actually has three "8"s in it for BO8. That's a cool sign of things to come.

kingfish254 said:
I just noticed that the chainring actually has three "8"s in it for BO8. That's a cool sign of things to come.

Ha. The chain ring is pure coincidence. I already have one to replace it. Want it for your bike? :wink:

Rockit! said:
kingfish254 said:

Ha. The chain ring is pure coincidence. I already have one to replace it. Want it for your bike? :wink:

Thanks, but I got my ring picked out. I can think of a few different builds it would look great on. You should pop it on the sale section.

Cool frame !!! :D Lots of ladies (frames) entered this year, one thing i didnt expect ... just like water bottle cage bosses on a prewar frame :mrgreen:

I'll will be sure to stay out of your way Aunt Flo !!!

Oh don't you worry about that water bottle holder......it's LONG GONE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that a ladies version of Arrow over on the anything goes side?

There is an Arrow on the traditional side. Is that the one you mean?

Unofficially yes. The Arrows are Shelby built Hiawathas, but stylistically the ladies Airflow is more similar to them than to the men's Airflow. I always like the forward slant on the front of the tank on the Arrow more than the men's Airflow.

Re: AUNT FLOW /getting started

Okay you guys have enough head start now :roll: :lol:

Got started by welding up the holes from that stupid bottle cage. Also heated the frame to get that seat post out. Somebody had cut it off anyway.

I then worked on sandblasting and wire brushing the tank and wire brushing the frame. That hideous paint was tough, but I got through it. I wanted to get down to that nice, naturally darkened metal underneath. I will most likely hit it with some gun blue to even it out. And then today, I got a little package in the mail :mrgreen:

What do you guys think about that combo?

Latest posts

Back