attn: BICYCLE THIEVES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. Too many bike thieves have been getting away with it for too long. Glad to see them go down. :mrgreen:

Cool story! I wonder if there is a GPS I can get to put in my bikes...just in case :)

That is great.

Bike thieves are a special type of scum. I bet everyone here can remember the first time a bike they owned got stolen;I know I do. It's a feeling you never forget.

Funny talking about bike thieves.

When I was a kid I had a yellow Huffy Pro Thunder that I rode and I had bought aftermarket pads for it and I had some kind of sticker that I put on the neck pad.

At some point the bike was stolen from my front yard and I was a bit bummed. One afternoon me and a friend were walking home from school and this high school aged kid that my friend knew was hanging out in his garage. The kid's folks were wealthy and he got all kinds of high end toys including BMX bikes. He was also one of these guys that looked like he was 10 years older than he was....oh, and he was a bully too...ha ha. :lol:

Anyway, as my friend and I are standing there in his driveway, I see my neck pad laying on the floor of his garage. :shock: I went home that evening and told my Dad. I can't remember now if my Dad called the cops or if we went over there together, but somehow we ended up over at his house and the kid denied any wrongdoing so we left. Mysteriously, two days later my bike ends up thrown into our bushes out front one morning. :roll:

The hardest part about all of that was that here I was...probably 12 years old, four foot nothing and now I've got the neighborhood high school bully upset for accusing him over my bike. Fortunately I managed to avoid him for a while and then he moved away. :lol:

I still remember the first bike I had stolen, it was a Huffy Enduro mountain bike. I loved that bike. Had it sitting out back on it's kickstand and someone jumped the fence and rode off with it. About a week later I found it in the trash behind a house with a flat tire along with 10 other bikes. After talking with the landlord who was there cleaning the place out apparently the guy was a drunk and had moved so the landlord was throwing out all his stuff. (Also picked up a nice stereo, a TV, and a large toolbox full of tools) I contacted the police and 6 of the bikes were claimed the rest I got to keep. :mrgreen:

There was also one time I had a bike stolen from the library. I hung around for a few minutes hoping I'd see someone ride past on it. Sure enough after about 10 minutes I saw someone riding it right past me. At the last second I yelled and put a fist right in his nose. He took off and ran. I picked up the bike and tailed him home from a distance. His dad who looked like a rough and tough biker was out front working on his truck so I rode up and told him everything. He said that the kid had lied and told him he had crashed his bike. The dad took off his leather belt and worked the kid over right there in the front yard for all the neighborhood to see. :mrgreen: We're talking full on pants down, leather belt to behind, but whooping. Turns out it wasn't the first time he was caught stealing bikes but I bet he thought better of it next time. Almost felt sorry for the kid.......ALMOST. :lol:

Bad that the bikes got stolen but those were funny.

I don't remember if I ever had a bike stolen but I did get my original wheels that was on my soon to be finished Christine 94 Murray Monterey that the neighborhood silly but still a bad kid in the number 4 apartment I used to live near which I never got back because I didn't notice they were gone until over a year ago after clearing up the back of a big pile of pest vines.

My sister did get her bike stolen, years ago just for a few weeks my sister had a nice new bicycle that she got at Walmart then the one day she went to the Library after that she locked it up but like an hour later it was gone which you think at our busy Library the many people would have seen it happen plus there is a small coffe shop on that very corner.

Also even though when I started getting back into bikes for awhile now about everyone online says like for my Murray bicycles "It's a Murray no one would ever steal one or even the parts off of it and the same goes for Walmart bikes" well if that true then why did that happen.

I my first bike stolen off our front porch when I was about 8, It was a 20 inch next bmx bike nothing special but it sure was to me, covered in all sorts of bmx and skull stickers. I went through 4 sets of tires a summer. I was devastated to say the least I went and told the town cop and he said to me that he would try and find it along with 10 others that had come up missing over a period of two weeks. I live in a 1 stop light town so as you can imagine this kind of behavior would attract some attention. Well the kid got caught but they never did get any of the bikes back. I found one a couple of weeks later just like mine but in a little better shape and my parents bought it for me I still have the frame and bars from it and will do something with it some day. Getting stuff stolen blows big time. But karma gets them in the end.

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant-sized dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

"Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke, and Slim,

I went for more ammunition. Back in about an hour.

Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked

the mailman this morning and messed him up

real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it was

hard to tell from all the blood. Anyways,

I locked all four of 'em in the house.

Better wait in your truck till I get back."

I'm sure you could modify this method to cover your bike.....right bubba??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
redneck_car_alarm.jpg

NewOrleansFlyer said:
HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant-sized dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

"Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke, and Slim,

I went for more ammunition. Back in about an hour.

Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked

the mailman this morning and messed him up

real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it was

hard to tell from all the blood. Anyways,

I locked all four of 'em in the house.

Better wait in your truck till I get back."

I'm sure you could modify this method to cover your bike.....right bubba??

That may work....... if they can read :lol:

Latest posts

Back