ATOMIC PUNK - New camera time - August 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ATOMIC PUNK - LED Sled - June 24

Critter1 said:
I'm really liking the flying-A location!

The more I look at it the more I think it will stay there. I just need some fine weather and a whole day free :shock: , so I can get the frame back to bare metal and clear coat it.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Vacation Time - June 26

tvc15 said:
Great detail work!

raggedjim said:
Bean, I like the green and the Flying A location.

This is one of the bikes on my short list (I may have told you that before... don't go getting a big head and all!)

Great job, Rg

Hey, thanks guys. There won't be any updates from me for about a week, as it's our mid-year break, and we're heading off for a small holiday. We've had our flights and motel booked for a couple of months and, yep, it's raining :cry: , with rain forecast all week. I'll have some catching up to do when we get home, as I don't take a computer with me on holidays, and don't like looking at the tiny phone screen. Catch everybody in a week or so :D

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Vacation Time!! - June 26

Have a great Holiday :!:

Feel free to send some rain to Colorado.My playground (The Rocky Mountains)is ablaze with no relief in sight and 100+ degrees!
It would be much appreciated :wink:

Circa Cycles said:
Have a great Holiday :!:

Feel free to send some rain to Colorado.My playground (The Rocky Mountains)is ablaze with no relief in sight and 100+ degrees!
It would be much appreciated :wink:

I'll see what I can do :wink:

Lovin´this build, headlight placement, my favourite, Austin hood ornament = brilliant, Mic light is something I wanted for a loooong time, front fork AWESOME!, keep this up and I´ll have to vote for ya :wink:

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Back in Town!! - July 1

Back from vacation............it's great to get away, but always good when you get home. I'll give my tired legs and feet a day or two to recover from all the walking we did while we were away, then back into this build full steam. Meanwhile, it'll take a few solid hours to check out everybody's updates.

bean said:
Back from vacation............it's great to get away, but always good when you get home. I'll give my tired legs and feet a day or two to recover from all the walking we did while we were away, then back into this build full steam. Meanwhile, it'll take a few solid hours to check out everybody's updates.

Just take your time. No need to check updates, we haven't done anything. Just relax and wait until the last minute. You'll do fine. 8)

kingfish254 said:
bean said:

Just take your time. No need to check updates, we haven't done anything. Just relax and wait until the last minute. You'll do fine. 8)
YEAH WHAT B SAID!! PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THAT BUTTER KNIFE!!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - "Honey Do" - July 3

I managed to get the bike torn down yesterday ready for some welding........I need to weld in a plate from the seat post to the brake bridge and a brace for the seat pan, and fabricate a coaster brake arm mount. Also got to start grinding and sanding some stuff on the springer to tidy it up.

Probably won't get too much done for the next couple of days, as my wife has me sanding and puttying a room in prep for painting. I don't paint anything to do with the house........I leave that to the pros, but I do the stripping, sanding and puttying, then the painter can come in and just paint, it works out pretty cheap that way as well :D

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - The Big Squeeze!! - July 5

I needed a bit more tire clearance at the chainstays. There was only approx 2mm either side of the tire, so I used the vise-grip method to give me extra room. Now have about 6mm on either side of the tire. I cable tied a piece of aluminium strip on the outside of the stay to prevent it squashing too much.....it still does squash, but looks a bit better than the inside.

Inside
DSCF2849.jpg

Outside
DSCF2853.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - The "No Bunny" bump - July 10

Do y'all use ferrets for the same thing we do??

Come here little bunny.....I won't hurt ya.......honest....
easter_ferret.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - The "No Bunny" bump - July 10

Love it!!!!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Light duty - July 12

Headlight stripped and LED worklight
DSCF2854.jpg

LED light guts
DSCF2857.jpg

Guts sitting in headlight reflector.......just needs some rewiring, a new switch and some hot glue
DSCF2858.jpg

Template for the tank bling
DSCF2861.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Headlight and Tank stuff - July 12

Lights gonna be nice.
I like the lines of the tank bling too.

Latest posts

Back