Around Whittier, CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
h1.JPG

In the mid 70's this was private property. I used an old middleweight girl's Schwinn to go slamming down these trails. Now, it's part of a park.

4-5-09a08.JPG

View from the ridgeline looking toward the coast.

PICT0006.JPG

Looking the other way, at Mt. Baldy

JWM

aka_locojoe said:
That trail sure looks inviting.
It is a beautiful walk through one of the very few canyons and hillsides that have never (in my lifetime) burned. Most of the hills, and canyons here in the Southland have been burned to ground several times that I know of. They grow back just fine in a couple of years. I was coming up here forty years ago- sometimes with friends, but mostly alone, to drink beer, or sneak a buzz. Then you could spend an entire day in the wild, and never see another soul. The park has been somewhat of a mixed blessing. On the one hand the land has been saved from development; on the other hand, now it's full of rules, signs, rangers, hikers, horses, litter, and mountain bikes. And the &*%@%$ taggers around here deface everything they can in even the remotest corners.

JWM

Wow, My Uncle lived on Wilbur St for years in Whittier........., Those were the days in California! Now......(Sigh...........) These views are going away to build another Lowes or Home Depot Shopping Center. :(

I was born and raised in Whittier, still live here. The greenway trail is a fun ride also uptown is cool.

How is Whittier? I was accepted to Whittier College and was given a lot of scholarship money. I would have gone too but it would have been a lot of trouble and money flying from coast to coast a few times a year. It looks beautiful!

Latest posts

Back