Armed services bike build challenge!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added another touch from the flea market, a canteen.

P9040043.jpg

Rolling Slowly but going, the Front gear, looks nothing like and F-18, but it looks airplane-ish. Primed and ready to wet sand.

The wheels spokes and hub are going white like the Hornets wheel.

S5002713.jpg

That is a sweet looking fork, I'd paint some horizontal lines on it to simulate a spring between the small triangle and the bend of the fork.

I'd thought that I would get something done while its raining this week end. Body work... What fun.
Now a couple of days till I start wet sanding.
Looked up the Ser. # Schwinn, 10/23/64. Almost on my birth day. Well a month and a half to early.
S5002758.jpg

Making a bit of progress. The Wheels are White, frame is ready for the real color.
S5002760.jpg

barn5.jpg

barn4.jpg

barn6.jpg

I recently just finished my United States Army Air Force bike. It has a custom springer fork, hand made handle bar, ammo pouches, Ammo cans, Fat 24x3" tires, custom leather mud flaps, leather hand grips, Brooks seat, Full fenders, and a 3 speed hub with coaster brake. Painted in camo green with USAAF insignias and "1889", the year of the first US army bicycle battalion was formed.

Nice Bike Cobra,
One of these days I'll have mine done. I think I have 5 other bike projects going right now.

Great work guys- they all look great! That USAAF ride swooped in out of nowhere! Just like its namesake... sweet!

I oughta do a USCG ride--- the CG Academy is less than a mile from my house. I'm thinking white with the orange stripe and the blue CG logo flag.... hmmm now the wheels are turning.

It would have to end up being donated to the Academy I think- I personally have no CG claim to fame but I bet it would be appreciated on campus.

This site has a way of stirring up things like that. Semper Paratus.

--Rob

>>>>>BUMP>>>>>>
For an up date on the B. A. Bike, just a quick mock up. This should have been a week end project but you know.....

Just a fyi this bike was ran over, rusted and was in the garbage when I found it.

S5030080.jpg

Bump for an update
More work to go, slow, because its in the back room and out of sight. I had big life things come up and slow work on all the projects.

Needs the Yellow paint and some Graphics added.

S7303427.jpg

S7303425.jpg

S7303426.jpg

These are really creative... Love the front fork landing gear on the Blue angels bike too! I have an army themed build im getting ready to start up.. Nothing as creative as these, more of just a replica of a WW2 bicycle...

InTheFade said:
These are really creative... Love the front fork landing gear on the Blue angels bike too! I have an army themed build im getting ready to start up.. Nothing as creative as these, more of just a replica of a WW2 bicycle...
Same here, just about finished up with it:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46812

outskirtscustoms said:
The MP-714 doesn't have any special meaning I just like the way the military crosses the 7 and 1 and 4 are the easiest to do freehand. MP is Military Police.

Cool bike. I like it a lot.

FYI, a proper military number "4" is not connected at the top, so that it can never be confused with a "9". ;)

deven_science said:
outskirtscustoms said:
The MP-714 doesn't have any special meaning I just like the way the military crosses the 7 and 1 and 4 are the easiest to do freehand. MP is Military Police.

Cool bike. I like it a lot.

FYI, a proper military number "4" is not connected at the top, so that it can never be confused with a "9". ;)
That may be true for the Army, but not for the Navy. In the Navy we use a '4' all the time. My jets are the 400 series in our CAG, and that's what we use. Here's BA #4

1066546821_6cb31377a3.jpg

This was one of those Walmart 32" bikes, converted to a Navy Trainer paint scheme:

av4jnq.jpg

Latest posts

Back