Are they Polish?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Grant, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Grant

Grant

Are these forks Polish? They look like it. The red one has French threads, so it is probably French, even though it looks like the Polish ones. I don't know about the black ones.
    20191002_185130.jpg

2. Wildcat

Wildcat

The red one looks like an Austrian made fork, like used on Sears bikes in the early 60's. The middle one looks like a standard set like used on lightweight AMF bikes from England. The last one looks to be a USA made Ross fork from the 60's. That's going by the fork crowns.
    Ross:
    [​IMG]

AMF english made lightweight:

[​IMG]

Sears Austrian made (Puch):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Grant likes this.
  3. SpikeFC

SpikeFC

Definitely none of those are products of ZZR/Romet.

Sport forks had a crown like this:
    [​IMG]

All others look like this. The wheel size doesn't matter, the style is the same.
    [​IMG]

Some of those had plastic & chrome covers
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Early forks from the fifties had a crown in this style:
    [​IMG]

The same crowns were in many Pre-WWII bikes.

Also some of the Pre-WWII bikes (like Otello & Herold brands) had a fork simmilar to design as german & early Soviet bikes, but those are super-rare & most of the bikes that come up titled as some of the smaller brands, are usually later identified as old German/Soviet bikes.
    [​IMG]

I think that there was like only one or two factories in Poland that made forks, since it doesn't matter wich brand the bike is, most of them ran the same type of period-correct forks.

Wildcat and Grant like this.