Anyone recognize this rear rack?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that same rack on my first RRB build BEER RUN. Let me look back at that build thread and see what it came from

I pulled my rack like that from a 1970s Raleigh.

1591208246912.png

Mine was on a Raleigh Super Deluxe

1591208363099.png

Thanks! So is it safe to assume nobody will sass me for modifying it? It may or may not need a weld mod to attach it. The tool box or a different tool box will be bolted to the back. I also want to lose the heavy front bag.

Nice original Schwinn middleweight rack. I am dealing in a similar way with a reproduction one now, need to bend to fit my retro cruiser. If you are careful - almost any modification can be done with those racks, the rods they are built of are flexible to a certain extent :)
How about just bending the tips to some 110 degrees up? So they meet the seatpost clamp bolt, like on original Schwinn bike.

Another, more reversible, approach might be to add extensions to the lower ends of the supports that attach to the dropouts. Looks like that might fit with little or no bending. I've done something similar with supports for sissy bars. That's a cool frame; tell us about it, please.

I think I will use those vinyl dipped clamps around the rear stays. Hopefully I can bend the top connection to fit somehow. Don't want the ASPCA after me for welding on monkeys.
Andy - Read a short blurb about the bike in my intro - it's about the sixth one down on the list.

Latest posts

Back