ANYONE NOTICE VINTAGE BMX IS PICKING UP STEAM?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Nickle said:
yoothgeye said:
I bought an Mongoose with ACS "mags" a few months back and it hooked me pretty hard. I recently traded a trike for a '98 Dyno Compe, I thought it was too new to be worth anything, but you said 70-99, so maybe I should look again at this bike!

Dyno Compes are sweet...

I've been offered another, probably the same year, is it worth anything?

yoothgeye said:
Double Nickle said:
yoothgeye said:
I bought an Mongoose with ACS "mags" a few months back and it hooked me pretty hard. I recently traded a trike for a '98 Dyno Compe, I thought it was too new to be worth anything, but you said 70-99, so maybe I should look again at this bike!

Dyno Compes are sweet...

I've been offered another, probably the same year, is it worth anything?

No worth much in dollar signs, but is worth a lot of fun. Reason being is that it rides like all the old school 80's freestyle bikes, but with the 90's Dyno Compes you can actually do tricks and scratch them while riding and it not decrease in value.

MOODSTER said:
This has been going on for years here in So Ca (the birthplace of BMX) and the prices people ask for this stuff is almost stupid. In this economy ,people just can't justify spending big dollars to hoard old stuff just because it's cool.Don't get me wrong, I love BMX, I raced my last time sometime in 1980 on my Mongoose . This link is to a local CL post that will blow you away--I mean, just look at his price for pedals!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/sear ... k=&maxAsk=

I agree, we SoCal folks pay a premium on everything, it seems.
I've dealt with that guy who posted all those ads on CL. He was selling at a bike swap meet that I was also selling at. He likes to lowball you on your stuff but doesn't budge on his prices. I had a bike I was selling, had it on CL for a while, no bites. I lowered my price at the swap and he offered me a less, and I took it. The next day, the bike was on CL for more than what I had it on there for, and it was on there for a few months. Was I mad? No, i still made a decent profit on it, and enjoyed it while I had it.

Fisch said:
A bike flipper told me recently that muscle bikes are quieting down as the bmx is taking off. Makes sense as the age bracket of mid life crisis shifting again. :mrgreen:

Totally agree. Not many 18 years olds today want a 1964 Chevy Nova II for example. Every 40+ year would take it in a heartbeat.

spistols said:
Fisch said:
A bike flipper told me recently that muscle bikes are quieting down as the bmx is taking off. Makes sense as the age bracket of mid life crisis shifting again. :mrgreen:

Totally agree. Not many 18 years olds today want a 1964 Chevy Nova II for example. Every 40+ year would take it in a heartbeat.

Not me.....

...and that's good - that means parts will be cheaper. 8)

Latest posts

Back