Anyone know what this is worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know what this is worth? It's a circa "1935 Suicide Shifter." It's connected to a Specialized Saturae HX 22 rim...which were spec'd on Team Stump Jumpers in 1985/and is laced to a Sturmey Archer Internal 3 spd Hub.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks in advance.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
That is called a "quadrant" shifter. They go anywhere from $60-100 on eBay. That one looks great with the gold, I would bet it gets closer to $100.

The hubs are usually dated on SA hubs, you might have an early SA hub and that can bring some money too.

Please show us that Kona Humuhumu......
It's a '95 Kona A'ha. I'm considering selling it (it's minty) with several rare pieces. If I don't, I'm gonna at least take it single speed and build it back up bomber style.

Does it have a 7spd hub? Large frame? Those old Kona's are some of my favs. I had a 90's humu that I regret selling.

Does it have a 7spd hub? Large frame? Those old Kona's are some of my favs. I had a 90's humu that I regret selling.
Clancy,

It's a three-speed hub. I'm told by the guy who owns the bike shop where it's sitting right now that the shifter and hub are extremely smooth. I take his word as I'm just not knowledgeable enough to say that myself. I don't know if it's a large. It's said to be for someone 5'8" to 6'2". As you know, it's a looptail.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

This is the first year frame '95 of '95,'96,'97 series it was produced Kona A'HA BMX Cruiser. Circa "1935 Suicide Shifter"...TnT Solid Billet Cranks (I know these are rare and coveted)...Shimano Dura Ace high flange front hub (I'm told this is rare) on rare Specialized Saturae HX 22 rims...which were spec'd on Team Stump Jumpers in 1985/Rear is laced to a Sturmey Archer Internal 3 spd Hub. Billet machined Avid arch type v-brakes (I'm told these are super rare.). Vintage Syncros Post. New Parts: Brooks Saddle Model B-17, Origin 8 cnc'd v-brake levers/ritchey stem/High end Arundel Stainless Steel water bottle cage Fits a person 5'8" to 6'2"

I'm willing to listen to offers for this bike, even partial trades or parting it out.

Latest posts

Back