anyone know the yearof this schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5speed, is the Classic Al in your possession? I'm wondering what's going on with the rear hub. It looks like the mechanism is hanging off the axle. Is that silver dohickey
Rampar4.jpg

what I see hanging off the stay?

guy took rear wheel off so he could put it in his trunk when he moved,lost the push rod in the mean time i picked the bike up this morn,was gonna be $60 but was $50 with he missing rod,just orderd a rod,ess than 10 bucks shipped,kept inside no rust just dirty,chain look as good as new,whole bike is like new,no wear on ww typhoons
DSC00084.JPG
DSC00083.JPG

guy took rear wheel off so he could put it in his trunk when he moved,lost the push rod in the mean time i picked the bike up this morn,was gonna be $60 but was $50 with he missing rod,just orderd a rod,ess than 10 bucks shipped,kept inside no rust just dirty,chain look as good as newView attachment 109381 View attachment 109382
if u notice chain is off and brake is unhooked,did all thi to take bac wheel off,no damage,he wasnt a bike guy

a fair deal?ww typhoons and nexus 3 speed?i don know where you get your fair deals but this was WAYunder the moneyover $200 for the wheek set,another $150 for the nexus

Dood, you gotta stop taking this so personal. Someone saying you got a fair deal isn't an insult to the bike. I would have paid over a hundred, but Ratters are cheapos, seeing as most of the time, we're gonna mess with the bikes.
It's a cool bike, it's got good parts, it's yours. Don't worry about what the gang has to say, do with it as you like. Impress us with the results. My cruiser started as a far lower quality than any Schwinn ever. Don't ask how much I paid, too much is all I'm saying.
IMG_20190622_152310323.jpg

Trust me, it doesn't look like that anymore. All that matters is that you like what you got, and you enjoy the process.

i know its not a collector piece,there reall havent beenany "collector"bikes in the normalbike world,i didnt ask if it was a collector bike i bought to flip in the spring,if it doesnt flip ill use the partsfor a builder,ppl who under value the parts that are on a bike remind me of the wannabes at swap meets that offer insulring offers,had a guy offer me $ 50 on a beer bike i had on the face for $150,i told him to go to the store and buy somthing for that price and take it to the cashier and offer $50 for the stuff,if ir worked he could have my bike for $50,i appriciate ppl who give kudos on a good deal someone finds,i guess there are ppl who dont have much entusiasim or reality

To address the original question, don't Chinese bikes use a serial numbers to keep records? I know Chicago Schwinn kept fairly good track, some of the most extensive serial number records available of all the bicycle manufacturers. I believe the Giant built bikes had a number system too. I'm surprised if these don't. But I also wonder why it even matters if you know it's a china built and you're just gonna flip it...

Carl.

i know its not a collector piece,there reall havent beenany "collector"bikes in the normalbike world,i didnt ask if it was a collector bike i bought to flip in the spring,if it doesnt flip ill use the partsfor a builder,ppl who under value the parts that are on a bike remind me of the wannabes at swap meets that offer insulring offers,had a guy offer me $ 50 on a beer bike i had on the face for $150,i told him to go to the store and buy somthing for that price and take it to the cashier and offer $50 for the stuff,if ir worked he could have my bike for $50,i appriciate ppl who give kudos on a good deal someone finds,i guess there are ppl who dont have much entusiasim or reality
Sorry if you thought I was trying to devalue your purchase. No doubt it would cost a few hundred to get something equivalent from a shop. Where I live, private sales of bikes mostly consist of high priced racing bike or kids bikes both averaging half or less of what they cost from a business. Anything in between usually gets picked up for pennies on the dollar for lower income non-drivers, especially step throughs. I personally don't pick up bikes to sell them, but if you can make a buck doing so, more power to you.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to devalue your purchase. No doubt it would cost a few hundred to get something equivalent from a shop. Where I live, private sales of bikes mostly consist of high priced racing bike or kids bikes both averaging half or less of what they cost from a business. Anything in between usually gets picked up for pennies on the dollar for lower income non-drivers, especially step throughs. I personally don't pick up bikes to sell them, but if you can make a buck doing so, more power to you.
no worries been to 2 many swap meetswhere my stuff isnt worth anything and theres is worth gold

Latest posts

Back