Anyone here into kid's tricycles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone catch the episode of American Restoration last night? (May have been a re-run, not sure) They restored a Mercury chain driven tricycle for the Clark County museum.
That's the same tricycle I have. The one I started the resto on a while back but stopped because I couldn't find one of the wheels thats missing... Maybe B607 has what I need.
The one on the show had a regular chain/sprocket and they said it was a 1947. The one I have is a skip tooth model. Mine must be older?? Other than that it's the exact same.
Seems every time a vintage bicycle gets some coverage on a show like that, the value shoots up.... we'll see.

Pic stolen from the net. Same model though.
a6cd8b9f-9a0b-71df.jpg

Here is mine.
a6cd8b9f-9a7d-0a29.jpg

Here is all I have for wheels... My thoughts are, if I can't replace the original wheels - I'll adapt some wheels off some newer kids bikes.
a6cd8b9f-9a9d-02fb.jpg

Not trying to jack the thread.. Just keeping the "tricycle" topic going. :)

I pulled out my late 60s Trike a couple of days ago. In 1971, when I was 5, my dad turned it into Cobra Trike! Longer bicycle forks, recovered Banana Seat, and an adapted Sissy Bar from a motorcycle. My plans are to tear it down, repaint it, and maybe have the chrome work redone.
b84df173-e7bc-afa4.jpg
b84df173-e7eb-027c.jpg

So I found a tricycle similar to the Wheelcraft Corporation one. Its the same model that Tater posted.
Im not sure of the year, but this company started making them in 1949 where I now live, San Marcos Ca.
I will be contacting them soon to see what info they can give me. I cant find anything stamped on it, but it has wood grips which i dont know if they are original.

IMG_20110724_140248.jpg

I used to ride a big wheel when I was a kid. They didn't go very fast because of the plastic tire but I loved how the seat was low to the ground.

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

I want to build something similar with two 20" occ rear tires on the back and a 26x2.125 in the front but with the crank on the frame not on the front wheel and make it a free wheel with independent rear hand brakes for each rear tire. No front brake. I've had this idea for a long time now but I don't know if something like that has been made.

Latest posts

Back