1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here into kid's tricycles?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by ChrisMac, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Oh, and by the way, that's Mister King Rat to you
    Why not. Talk's cheap.

2. Tater

Tater E I E I O

Yeah, I've been real busy lately and it probably wont let up until October. Once I'm done with what I'm on, I'll shoot yo a PM and get you up to speed. 8)

3. Critter1

Critter1

Anyone catch the episode of American Restoration last night? (May have been a re-run, not sure) They restored a Mercury chain driven tricycle for the Clark County museum.
    That's the same tricycle I have. The one I started the resto on a while back but stopped because I couldn't find one of the wheels thats missing... Maybe B607 has what I need.
    The one on the show had a regular chain/sprocket and they said it was a 1947. The one I have is a skip tooth model. Mine must be older?? Other than that it's the exact same.
    Seems every time a vintage bicycle gets some coverage on a show like that, the value shoots up.... we'll see.

Pic stolen from the net. Same model though.
    [​IMG]

Here is mine.
    [​IMG]

Here is all I have for wheels... My thoughts are, if I can't replace the original wheels - I'll adapt some wheels off some newer kids bikes.
    [​IMG]

Not trying to jack the thread.. Just keeping the "tricycle" topic going. :)

4. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

[​IMG]

Here's the actual Taylor trike that my employee has. Finally got a price outta him. He refused the $20, but I can have it for $30. Go figure.

5. Critter1

Critter1

That's very cool!

6. Buck Masterson

Buck Masterson

I'd tell him 20 and you will remember it on evaluation day! lol

7. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

Hmmm. Indeed, not a bad plan.

8. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

I pulled out my late 60s Trike a couple of days ago. In 1971, when I was 5, my dad turned it into Cobra Trike! Longer bicycle forks, recovered Banana Seat, and an adapted Sissy Bar from a motorcycle. My plans are to tear it down, repaint it, and maybe have the chrome work redone.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Forgot to mention - I'm 5'8" and can still ride it. I occasionally take it to the mailbox. Amuses the neighbors :)

10. rydr1

rydr1

So I found a tricycle similar to the Wheelcraft Corporation one. Its the same model that Tater posted.
    Im not sure of the year, but this company started making them in 1949 where I now live, San Marcos Ca.
    I will be contacting them soon to see what info they can give me. I cant find anything stamped on it, but it has wood grips which i dont know if they are original.

[​IMG]

11. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

12. aceuh

aceuh

I'm diggin that bro :wink:

13. axsepul

axsepul

I used to ride a big wheel when I was a kid. They didn't go very fast because of the plastic tire but I loved how the seat was low to the ground.

[​IMG]

I want to build something similar with two 20" occ rear tires on the back and a 26x2.125 in the front but with the crank on the frame not on the front wheel and make it a free wheel with independent rear hand brakes for each rear tire. No front brake. I've had this idea for a long time now but I don't know if something like that has been made.

14. ChrisMac

ChrisMac

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had this one for many years, and just got it back together enough where it's rideable.

15. Jaxon

Jaxon

Here is my trike. It is a Percy Crosby "Skippy" tricycle. It is from the 1930's It has skip tooth sprockets & chain. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]