Anyone here into kid's tricycles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, that's Mister King Rat to you
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an opportunity to buy one of these Taylor tricycles. Not this one but one like it in a very patina'd condition. Just not sure what it would be worth. All of the other kid's tricycles I've gotten were free. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks.

Trike.jpg

I hope your not dealing with Mr Robert pierce( or Pearson) I always forget. If its a CL ad just skip it. its ridiculous, he wants you to outbid yourself. If your dealing with the guy online tell him that you just realized how much the tricycle is worth and that the most you can pay is $300. If he doesn't get happy then he is yanking your chain. If he wants to sell it to you for that price tell him you found a cheaper elsewhere.

I have been looking for a vintage tricycle for my little girl, but I just can't seem to find one at a good price with all the parts on it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

ChrisMac said:
rydr1 said:
Post a price and ill tell you if its worth it;)

Guy won't give me a price. That's the problem. Keeps telling me just to make him an offer. So, offered him $20.00 and he said "make another offer".

I have not paid more than $75 for any tricycle that I have. No matter what the condition. If you check ebay, you will see most are in the $50 range. The replacement parts can be hard to find. Judging from your description, I'd keep my offer on the low side.

Here is a link to see what I have: http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... ollection/

Vintage tricycles are just as cool a bicycles, IMO. I started a skip tooth Mercury chain driven tricycle build a while back. It ended up on the back burner where it still sits.

Hmmm, a tricycle build off......????

Don't know much about em but this one was my dad's...

100_0912.jpg

And this is my dad... on his trike...

rufus.jpg

My dad was born in 1945 ( just for an age reference of the trike)

rydr1 said:
I hope your not dealing with Mr Robert pierce( or Pearson) I always forget. If its a CL ad just skip it. its ridiculous, he wants you to outbid yourself. If your dealing with the guy online tell him that you just realized how much the tricycle is worth and that the most you can pay is $300. If he doesn't get happy then he is yanking your chain. If he wants to sell it to you for that price tell him you found a cheaper elsewhere.
Nah, it's one of my employees.

Re: Re: Anyone here into kid's tricycles?

ChrisMac said:
Nah, it's one of my employees.

If you have the power then fire him/her. :) LOL, JK.

Can anyone give this member a better tip to obtaining this tricycle than I have?

@aceuh, that is one sweet tricycle. I know if I had something like that I would put it in my will to pas it down the family line. It would mean more than anything money could pay. On that note, do you want $100 for it. :D

LOL!

The story behind the trike I've got is pretty good... well ... I think it is anyway...

My father, his father and his grandfather had took a ride to a general store. My dad decides to climb on the trike and starts riding it around... well... time comes to leave he does what most kids that age would do... refuses to get off the trike. So... his grandfather pays for the trike and picks it up with my dad still sitting on it and carries it out to the truck and sets him on the front seat. My dad rode the entire trip home steering the trike on the front seat of the truck acting like he was driving.
My dad rode it, his younger brother rode it, all of his cousins that used to come spend the summer rode it as well as any visiting children... My older brother rode it, I rode it, my lil brother rode it... My step sisters son has ridden it... and half the kids in the neighborhood that my dad was living in last year rode it...
When my father made his will it was the only thing I asked for... He went ahead and gave it to me this past Christmas.

aceuh said:
LOL!

The story behind the trike I've got is pretty good... well ... I think it is anyway...

My father, his father and his grandfather had took a ride to a general store. My dad decides to climb on the trike and starts riding it around... well... time comes to leave he does what most kids that age would do... refuses to get off the trike. So... his grandfather pays for the trike and picks it up with my dad still sitting on it and carries it out to the truck and sets him on the front seat. My dad rode the entire trip home steering the trike on the front seat of the truck acting like he was driving.
My dad rode it, his younger brother rode it, all of his cousins that used to come spend the summer rode it as well as any visiting children... My older brother rode it, I rode it, my lil brother rode it... My step sisters son has ridden it... and half the kids in the neighborhood that my dad was living in last year rode it...
When my father made his will it was the only thing I asked for... He went ahead and gave it to me this past Christmas.

That is truly a touching story, thanks for sharing.

aceuh, can you give me the brand on that tricycle. I hope I can get my hands on one of those some day. It looks really good for its age and Im digging the no color on the frame.

How's this?

100_0914.jpg

Supposedly it's a pretty rare item... But I dunno doesn't matter what it's worth dollarwise... doesn't matter either... I'd have to be in a serious bind to turn it loose...

Eric, thanks for the link. How have you been? Is work still keeping you away from your hobbies? :)

I have a whole stack of solid rubber tires front trike tires. They are NOS but very old. I'd send them to one of you trike guys for the cost of the shipping. PM me if interested. I can also get a pic of them up if you want. Gary

Latest posts

Back