Anyone found a source for Aerovane 26x3.0 tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They're not marked anywhere that I can tell. Chinese origin no doubt. I like the classic tread, and no printed logos. Note the classic wallyworld de-raked fork.
26x3.0tires_zpsvgwgbbhi.jpg

Reminds me of the Felt zigzag tires.
Nice BORK too

bork.jpg

Cool tires I've been tempted to buy the whole bike just to get them, any body want the rest ?

I was poking around the walmart.com bike section a few weeks ago, and I read some comments on one of the bikes page. Can't remember which model, but it was one with a non-standard tire (Aerovane, Swindler, etc). Anyway, a customer was complaining of a shredded tire and couldn't find a replacement...the comment was answered by a Schwinn rep who said to just contact the customer relations number and they would be able to get them a tire. I believe the number was the same as the one on the Schwinn website.

Could be worth a try.

Jason

Cool tires & that classic fork ! Blaha blahaaaa[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got two just last week myself. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them just yet.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Hmmmmm, not bad , I've payed way more just set of tires before , why not ?

Huffy Fortress runs a 26X3 tire
Their version of a fat tire mountain bike.

Now then,
If I were to make this (Schwinn Areovane) a free wheel rear hub.
Which would be smarter...
1. Buy free wheel hub and have local bike shop rebuild the original rim ?
2. Buy a brand new rim with free wheel hub?

If I go with the Aerovane I probably will eventually want to change it.

Also....
Does any one make a 3 speed hub with a free wheel these days?

Everything I find is coaster brake but I remember my sister having a 3 speed that was not a coaster brake in the early 70's

Thought I would combine these together.
Thanks
Jim

If I correctly understand your question, you're seeking an internally geared 3-speed hub without a coaster brake. The answer is yes, Sturmey-Archer, Shimano, and SRAM all produce these IGH in various flavors. Some models may be too wide to fit your chosen frame, and if that frame is aluminum or carbon, you won't be able to spread the dropouts easily.

Buying the hub you want and custom lacing a wheel isn't too difficult to perform yourself, but it does take some materials and some skill. Bike shops like to charge for those things! You might find it's more... ahem... "fiscally responsible" to simply purchase the desired wheel assembly from the get-go.

You do realize that by foregoing the coaster, you'll need to arrange for another way to stop, right?

Last edited:
I found an eBay supplier that is selling the Schwinn Aerovane tires by themselves. Long story short, they're going to cost you $40 each shipped.

Easiest way to find them is to go to eBay and type in "serpentine tires" in the search box. Seller is wto_bike. In the auction you want to select 26x3.0 in the first box and serpentine in the second box. The auction won't display the correct tire until you follow the steps above.

Latest posts

Back