Anybody else can't wait for the BO12 ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to find the Kenda's over here, they make fat tires too, and then the color would match. I did see those from Italy, but shipping was twice as much as the tires were. I checked and my rat trap will clear a 700c tire and that gives me a lot more choices.

Carl.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk
You could also buy white and leave them outside in the sun. In a few days they will be cream,trust me.:21:
My creme are now yellowish.

Thanks for all the tire choices in 26x1-3/8! I can get most of those brands through distributors, but need to check on model and color, they may not carry as many options for those here. Not the most popular wheelsize over here, but I have a Robin Hood that would look good with some brown treads...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Keeping myself occupied so I dont jump the gun and start wrenching on my build off bike too early. Needed to get some issues handled on the Jeep becore the upcoming road trip to the Fruita Fat Tire Festival. Rolling up and over the Rockies towing a traier I want to make sure its running well. I have been having a slight shimmy on the passenger front wheel, a little diagnosis revealed worn ball joints and a worn ujoint. A day later and I am rolling again! Now just two more days to stay distracted and I am away riding mtn bikes on the western slope for the weekend, and competing in a klunker crit :)

27a3a1a36611adf27c87fe086c49ee0a.jpg
2649c9b090ef911873d558c1fc66cf5d.jpg
52a2a246a4d75b43787bb73c5b8c2704.jpg
7678cbb56f65dc6a354ea6ff86c661f4.jpg

keep the rubber side down!

Now I have a question.

What is the biggest tire size that will replace a 26x1 3/8?

My son gave me this dragon the other day and it sparked an idea, I have a couple cans of gun metal black and no trespassing purple so got the paint scheme not sure what bike yet though. Plus have a set of 26x3 beach bum tires I'm thinking of using.
20170421_093118.jpg

Now I have a question.

What is the biggest tire size that will replace a 26x1 3/8?
You mean on that rim? Only 1 3/8 will fit an 1 3/8 rim.
It's not the same as a 26" mtb rim, 1.75 thru 2.125 will fit. but it's the diameter that is different, and dif on most of Schwinn's rims too. (although some china stuff is using standard mtb rims)
Sheldon Brown's articles are very informative HERE

Carl.

Huh? BO12? Haven't heard about it
Sounds like it's right around the corner though

Is there a theme, or is it just an anything goes build.?
:cool2:
franco
It is the 12th annual main build-off.
No themes, anything goes, but you can only do one entry.

Jump in, it usually goes huge with 100+ builders all building at once!

You mean on that rim? Only 1 3/8 will fit an 1 3/8 rim.
It's not the same as a 26" mtb rim, 1.75 thru 2.125 will fit. but it's the diameter that is different, and dif on most of Schwinn's rims too. (although some china stuff is using standard mtb rims)
Sheldon Brown's articles are very informative HERE

Carl.
I knew Schwinn rims were specific, I have a narrow set of Murray hoops I hoped for a wider tire for.

Still not sure I'll be in the build off, but I'm still designing my bike. Been at it for two years, so why stop now.
The hubless idea sounds cool, but designing it is a pain.

In the drawing, the bearings will be hidden behind the tabs. Just have to figure out a way to mount them so the tube valve clears.
I saw some airless tires on FB a few days ago that would solve the valve stem problem for you. I can't remember where it was posted, but someone was selling them with just the tire and rim without any spokes or hubs.

airless-flat-free-tire-bike-nexo-8.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to check them out.
I've been looking at solid "tubes", I just have to figure out if I want to go with my original idea or something else.

I saw some airless tires on FB a few days ago that would solve the valve stem problem for you. I can't remember where it was posted, but someone was selling them with just the tire and rim without any spokes or hubs.

airless-flat-free-tire-bike-nexo-8.jpg
Those are Ever Tires (kickstarter page)
Carl.

I looked at the site and some videos. I'm confused about pricing, I don't know if the price listed on the site is for the tire or complete wheel.

But they're rated for 5,000 miles, so $75 doesn't seem bad. Now that's $150 for the set, and my original idea for tires would be $240.

Seems a bit much right now given I don't know if I can pull it off, I guess time will tell.

I looked at the site and some videos. I'm confused about pricing, I don't know if the price listed on the site is for the tire or complete wheel.

But they're rated for 5,000 miles, so $75 doesn't seem bad. Now that's $150 for the set, and my original idea for tires would be $240.

Seems a bit much right now given I don't know if I can pull it off, I guess time will tell.
I tried to find the FB post that I mentioned but all I found was a needle that I had lost in a hay stack.

I'm pretty certain that it was not the one that GuitarCarl mentioned. The photo that I posted was just a random pic that I found on google images but there were others to choose from which tells me that you may be able to find some others out there that might work for you.

Good luck!

I tried to find the FB post that I mentioned but all I found was a needle that I had lost in a hay stack.

I'm pretty certain that it was not the one that GuitarCarl mentioned. The photo that I posted was just a random pic that I found on google images but there were others to choose from which tells me that you may be able to find some others out there that might work for you.

Good luck!
I wonder if this is what you saw.
http://www.energyreturnwheel.com/Order-ERW/ERW-Wheel-Sets.aspx

Not cost effective at all, but so far the only thing similar to what Carl linked

Maybe someone else saw it on Facebook and can get some better info for you. Who ever posted it had a picture from a recent bike swap and said someone was selling them with just the rim and tire. It seems like the price was very reasonable also. Sorry, I wish I had paid closer attention to it.

Good luck!
Oh it wasn't from a facebook post, I googled airless and browsed until I found the exact same tire... That tire with the holes in the side is an Ever Tire and comes as a set with the rim. Nexo's are different tires only that could go on an existing rim. There are a few more brands too, but I jumped up out of the rabbit hole after I found the tire with holes in the side...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back