Any news on Kickstand Magazine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email to Kickstand Magazine yesterday saying I was interested in getting a new subscription and how long before I get it.I also told him that my freind still hasn't got his. I got a very fast response from Brad,he said that it would take six weeks for me to get mine and "ALL ORDERS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED AS OF APRIL 15TH and ARE CURRENT". He wanted to know my freinds name so he could check into it.I was and am interested in gettting the magazine but not with this type of concern! Tom

Skeleton said:
deven_science said:
So, with this all in mind, does anyone else know if there's another rat bike magazine to look into? Most bike magazines I've seen are about long distance riding, or MTB's. I can't find any about cruisers, etc.
There is one in german: Customized Magazine, take a look here: http://www.customized-magazin.de/Custom ... eset-2.htm
Nice site...I believe I spotted some of herr_rudolf's art work on there.

To be honest, I felt that there was not enough content for the cost. It took only a few minutes to read the entire rag. I don't see any benefit to reading it when I can log in here everyday and see tons of new content and read more entertaining stories. And instead of seeing someone's finished product I can see it all step by step here. Plus here there is a sense of being able to communicate with likeminded people, whereas with a magazine you spend money to see a couple of interesting things and 40 ads for stuff you don't want or need. These are rat rod bikes. How often do you need to purchase a $60 sprocket or $150 crankset? I had a subscription and never received all six issues. Let's see if one arrives at the end of this month. I truly don't care. I'm not really trying to slam the mag, as what they are attempting is commendable, and it makes an interesting conversation piece. Plus I support independent publications. But compare it to this forum and it makes you realize why printed media seems to be losing interest. I would say that if they want to continue, increase the pages, reduce ads, add more reader content and try to make it more interactive. And possibly buy a calendar and schedule some publication dates. Were it my magazine, I would use lower quality paper and printing processes to reduce cost. Then less adspace will have to be sold and you can still increase the size. Let's face it, if you want to read about bicycles you will do it whether it's printed on glossy photo paper or plain printer paper.

Latest posts

Back