Any ideas ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
IMG_3778.JPG
IMG_3776.JPG
here is the others frame a lady brought into my brothers inlaws scrap yard to crush so he give it to me . I'm assuming Elgin maybe because the numbers are similar to mine . If someone can dissect these numbers would determine me fixing the tube on sprocket side . Thanks for the help .

Last edited:
502 is a Sears bike, so JC Higgins sounds right. Elgin would have rear facing dropouts. After the 502 is supposed to be the model number, 247?
From what I've read, you have to look in the old catalogs to find that model number to find the year it was made.
Definitely a Murray bike, the chain wheel and other characteristics show that.

06Vf37DJeuOtDGhLx7jcSg.jpg

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/98287-1950s-j-c-higgins-color-flow-tank-bike

I'm assuming Elgin maybe because the numbers are similar to mine . If someone can dissect these numbers would determine me fixing the tube on sprocket side .

It all makes all sorts of sense, b/c Elgin is pre-war Sears, and Higgins is post-war Sears.... and Murray made frames for Sears both before and after WWII...

IMG_3785.JPG
Well after further inspecting of the frame .... it has a hole on one side and cracked on the other. I might try and back half this thing and stuff a 3" rear on it and maybe stretch it a little . I did take the tank off and throw it on my Elgin .

Latest posts

Back