Any ideas on this one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No head badge, sprocket looks like a Columbia but I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated.
cc33156b0fce620223b4273fd972a375.jpg
1b4595be887fb6df3d5d6529c5576879.jpg
d90ffb3d0c7063460f55ccc61787a08f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago Schwinn, made April of 1953, straight bar frame. For 26" wheels. It has the bracket for truss rods.
Sprocket is skip tooth Columbia.

Congrats!

Chicago Schwinn, made April of 1953, straight bar frame. For 26" wheels. It has the bracket for truss rods.
Sprocket is skip tooth Columbia.

Congrats!

Isn't it more of a "DX" style frame and not a straight bar? That mid tube has the slight curve of a DX.

It's a DX and not a straight bar. Always trust the Kingfish!
Cool old frame, get it on the road!

That's twice I've done that. A straight bar has a straight bar! You can trust me too! I just make mistakes every now and then.

I was originally planning on selling it when I got it but I'm thinking it's a good candidate for a klunker or a trike.

I truly meant no offense. I apologise.
No harm no foul.

The idea of a klunker sounds good. I have regular cantilever 53 Schwinn and found that alloy wheels and smooth tires made it a much better ride.

Found a CWC Hiawatha for my trike/klunker project today to this frame/fork and fenders will be for sale...

I just noticed another error I made. It can only be a DELUXE Spitfire with that truss rod bracket. All the other models were cantilever or straight bar frames.

Too bad I don't have the rest of the parts!!! What do you guys feel a fair asking price on the frame set and fenders?

Everything shown plus both fenders? If the fenders are viable, and you can ship it (lower 48 of course), I would guess at best $120 shipped. Or picked up for $75.00. Shipping is getting more expensive all the time so that's your call.
Or you could get a used beach cruiser off CL and strip it for parts to get it going. An extra bike is always convenient if your main ride has a flat.

I was thinking $150 plus actual shipping. Am I that far off? Both fenders are in good shape... shipping through bike flights is going to be around $50.

I would say Wildcat is pretty close. It's a pretty standard bike and no tank or wheel set. Those are the money parts.

I was thinking $150 plus actual shipping. Am I that far off? Both fenders are in good shape... shipping through bike flights is going to be around $50.

No harm in starting at 150 plus shipping. Gives you some bartering room. You may find someone who values a 53 Schwinn frame that much. I would back before I retired.

Latest posts

Back