Any bikes you regret selling?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had about 30+ vintage bmx bikes between 79 to 85 that are now gone but 1, my 84 p.k. and now i regret selling. but the money was good so do any of you have any that you regret getting rid of?

Let's see, my top list would be
1987 Schwinn Predator
3546457433.jpg

Mosh Method 24"
Mosh.jpg

The twisted lowrider
P3310001-1.jpg

Schwinn Le Tour tourist
P9090124.jpg

my Hawthorne twin bar
bike5.jpg

Hercules camelback
P9170014.jpg

The bootlegger build bike
PA150141.jpg

My Army bike
P9100139.jpg

My JC Higgins 20"
JCHiggins20in.jpg

my custom chopper
chopper.jpg

My recumbent
saw027.jpg

16" Hoffman
003.jpg

GT Interceptor
P1200002.jpg

but most of all my 1979 Indian
003.jpg

I love seeing the bikes I sold out being rode by the new owners. Plus it gives me money to buy a new project.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jimmy the Gent said:
outskirtscustoms said:
The twisted lowrider
P3310001-1.jpg

That's baaaaaaaaad... 8)

Yeah I still miss it but I had an offer to trade it for a running moped and considering I got it at the flea market in a trade so I couldn't refuse. I've had a few deals like that, Traded the recumbent for a '62 Corvair Greenbriar van, traded the Indian for 2 '86 VW Jetta projects, The Hercules and Hawthorne went to a fellow member in a trade so I feel better about those, and the chopper I gave to a friend for finding me a great deal on a '96 sebring convertible for $600, kinda a finder's fee, the army bike I gave to a friend who needed a bike then it got stolen when he was in jail so keep your eyes peeled for it, the Schwinn le tour I got good money for and it was too tall for me to ride comfortably, and the predator I traded for the GT interceptor frame and fork, a complete GT performer, and $100

I had a coupa bikes I regret selling or given away...

They're in good friends' hands now,so I can still see them.

My main enjoyment is building them and I get too attached to them,but I dont have the room to keep them all.

Why couldnt I collect stamps or shot glasses...they take up less room.

I sold my 82 Haro Freestyler with original skyway mags and Haro vector bars.Hate I sold it but couldn't pass up on the offer....

I had a '41 hawthorne skiptooth with awesome truss forks. Traded for a '70s schwinn. :( I missed this bike so much, i bought my columbia to replace it.

All of them. But I can't keep them all, either.

Dealy missed are my Falcon Panther fixie, which went from this:

pic004.jpg

to this:

pic019.jpg

And my Steyr, aka 'Alpine Racer' which went from this:

steyr01.jpg

to this:

pic008.jpg

In the end it was a good thig though, because this is what I replaced them with:

pic010.jpg

I didn't really sell it but when I moved to one place around 91 or 92 I had to leave behind a white BMX with white wheel discs but I can't remember who made it.

Emory Super DeLuxe. I was given the chance to buy it back, but had too many bikes in the garage. That's what I thought then, but now I can fit another dozen bikes in there.

2n80ow8.jpg

I already posted I sold my 82 haro freestyler but I just found some pics of it.I will I still had it,but I couldn't refuse the offer.
bike033.jpg

bike034.jpg

bike042.jpg

bike035.jpg

bike036.jpg

custombikebuilder said:
outskirtscustoms said:
but most of all my 1979 Indian
003.jpg

That indian.....screams awesome!!!!!
I love the old indians
Yeah the kicker was it only had 600 original miles!
012.jpg

Sold this yellow Worksman a couple days after I got it thinking I needed to get some room and $...turns out i really didnt need either as much as I thought I would because I totally missed this bike the instant it was being wheeled away.

its been replaced recently with this one which is in AMAZING shape but...it's just not the same. I'll keep it for a while and see how it plays!

Latest posts

Back