Another Whizzer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eb17de0106fe6ac6336b1215fa0c7b8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Because RRB serves as a great database for future Whizzer curious folks, I'm going to post what Mr. Quenton Guenther (Whizzer whiz) said about this machine.

"A few comments about your bike. Carter carburetor doesn't use a sediment bowl. Both Tillotson carburetors use the sediment bowl, but not version on your bike. Original uses a thick wire bracket to hold glass in place whereas the later generic version used the wide strap mount for the glass. One control has flat blade screws and the other has phillips screws holding them in place. There is a exhaust pipe mounting bracket that clamps the pipe to the bottom motor mount to secure it.

Your bike looks 99.99% correct, and is very, very, very, very, very rare. It should be worth a lot more than the average Whizzer because of the rarity. I have seen many of the rare Whizzers, including the Ambassador, Specials, Cycle truck, and even the final prototypes [20" with Banana seat, etc], but other than pictures I haven't actually viewed one. Did I mention about your bike being very rare?"

Wanna trade it for a rare Graco MX 1000? :21:

Seriously, it is a very cool find. You should enjoy this one for a while before you sell it.

Wanna trade it for a rare Graco MX 1000? :21:

Seriously, it is a very cool find. You should enjoy this one for a while before you sell it.

I've never sold a Whizzer before, I've kept all that I've found so far! I'll keep this one for sure.

Very cool find. The Huffy name caught me off guard with that frame, but looks like Huffman became Huffy in 1949. ;)

Very cool find. The Huffy name caught me off guard with that frame, but looks like Huffman became Huffy in 1949. ;)
Yeah you're right. When I posted it I was under the impression that it was a 1950s model 90. After some research I found it was a 1948 Huffman model 90. Which is actually a little more rare. Check out the catalog ad.

The video was made for Instagram which can only hold 15 second clips, hopefully you'll get to see this one in person. The video muzzles the real sound this thing puts out.

Latest posts

Back