Another "Spaceliner"(They keep finding me) Part II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Okay, So I Posted a couple of weeks ago about a JC Penny Spaceliner I picked up....

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55812

Now I have my fifth Spaceliner bike ( 4 are mens ) to go with my Flightliner...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54583

I saw this on CL and had to call the guy, even though he lived the other side of town and I was supposed to be getting ready for work. He had only posted it about an hour and a half earlier, but I figured he'd have had calls on it... NO... I was the first to call and even though he'd posted it on Friday noon he really wouldn't be available until Sunday afternoon to show it....
Perfect cause I was about to be late for work... even though I said I wanted to "See it" not necessarily "Buy it" , he took the ad down and let me be the first and only person to see it....
Well, I bought it....

PICT4716.jpg

PICT4717.jpg

PICT4718.jpg

PICT4720.jpg

All chrome and not a Speck of surface rust....
This one has a faded Headbadge for Murray, not Sears, Foremost ( JC Penny ), or Western Flyer ( My RRBBO 7 frame ). On the Chainguard there is a decal that says Comet VII...
It's a SA 3 Speed, runs nice... Has the Hubcap... Has most of the "Jewels" in the pedals... All OG except as you can see, its missing the round taillight in the rear rack...c'est la vie

Oh an she rides nice...

I'm going to get all my Space - Flight liners together for a photo one of these days soon....

I can't be happier at the moment.... Well if someone gave me a Spaceliner tank I'd be very much somewhat more pleased I think..... I just love the Spaceliner frame.....

You should keep finding those and pass one of them over my way in Mesa. :wink:
Seriously though, nice bike.

fatkid said:
You should keep finding those and pass one of them over my way in Mesa. :wink:
Seriously though, nice bike.

Thanks,
This guy is actually in your neck of the woods, out in Gilbert...
REALLY Nice guy... I told him all about RatRodBikes and the CABE...
He spent a good half hour showing me some of his other bikes, ( JUST BEAUTIFUL, COOL )....
He has a couple other bikes on CL you might want to check out...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/2972804149.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/2972784886.html

In the ad it says $225, but he mentioned to me $200 when he let me look at them....
If there was any way I could afford it I would have bought them all...
Like I said Real Nice guy.... Even if you can't afford his bikes right now, go look at them and maybe get to know him a bit, he's in your neighborhood....

Latest posts

Back