Another mysery to me - "Radar Navigator"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another estate sale mystery, maybe somebody knows something, or at least find it an interesting data point.
Anyone ever seen a bike branded as Radar? Or model name navigator?
I sure haven't, but the chain guard and tank decals are pretty cool - the bike is in really good shape, too.

Probably made by Murray or Westfield, maybe? What do ya think? :idea:

M1500122.JPG

M1500125.JPG

Definitely a Murray built bike, the collared frame joints are a dead giveaway. The chainguard, chainring, and truss rods are also unique to Murray builts. It should have a serial that starts with something like 'MOU' which would be 1955. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Definitely a Murray built bike, the collared frame joints are a dead giveaway. The chainguard, chainring, and truss rods are also unique to Murray builts. It should have a serial that starts with something like 'MOU' which would be 1955. -Adam

How can you decode the serial number on these?

Thanks lots, rustinkerer --

I noticed the chainguard is the exact shape of your 1955 Mercury in your 'show the rust' thread.
Somehow, it is a mental relief to know where/whens of our bike finds. The human need for categorization, perhaps. :lol:

And now you have taught me another important data point about the collared joints. I have a couple of those. It seems that between Murray, CWC/AMF and Westfield so many off brands are covered!

Latest posts

Back