Another Kansas newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My names is Cody and I live in Derby, Kansas and just getting into the scene but already loving every bit of it. Here's some of my bikes so far.

My First attempt at a swing bike

20" Huffy Hot Liner

26" Huffy Cranbrook

Western Flyer

Stingray Chopper with 26" front wheel

Stretched Manta Ray

Eliminator and Bratz Bike

American Flyer Steering Wheel

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome Cody.
We just bumped into one another on the bike path the other night.
All great bikes. Bring as many as you can to the fest.
That swing bike looks cool

Thank you, I'm planning on taking most of them and a few more. The swing bike was made from a bike I found on craigslist and the chrome Kawasaki frame I got from you guys at the Haysville city wide garage sales

johnp.smith said:
The stretched Manta Ray looks interesting. Is it comfortable and easy to ride?
It is now when I got it from my buddy 65rat he had the original manta ray springer with the 16x4 front wheel and the set of apes that are on my chopper, I immediately changed that out to a 26" springer with the 24" chopper wheel and the biggest cruiser bars from my lbs, It rides real comfortable but needs gears

Cody,

Yep you got some cool bikes :mrgreen:

Im kinda getting started too, I guess I need better hookups to find bikes, especially with Cameron around (he's pretty good at sniffing out the good stuff) :lol:

and yes its good to have another local Rat biker, Welcome aboard!

Ratfink1962 said:
Cody,

Im kinda getting started too, I guess I need better hookups to find bikes, especially with Cameron around (he's pretty good at sniffing out the good stuff) :lol:

Thank You, Yeah it seems like he knows where the all good stuff is hiding out

I was never good with boundries. I am more than happy to share my finds with my friends. I have 6 bikes that I brought home in the last couple of weeks that are sitting outside. Nothing special, though. One thing I have learned is you have to be ready to jump when something opens up or you miss it. I would be happy to help a fellow rat by picking up a bike if they can't get to it. The folks here on the forum have a sense of generosity that is unmatched anywhere else. I am happy to carry that on and help a friend out.

Cameron,
Its all good, Like I said before... I dont even bother with Craigslist since you gotta be lucky and FAST, Im neither, LOL

But I may have a card up my sleeve :wink:

Did you see that old Monark girls skiptooth? not a bad price if there is any life left in it. it looks pretty wore out. Maybe it just needs some of that Park Tools bicycle grease??? :lol:

That western flyer you have posted, do you have any more info on it. Like year or model. I have one that looks a lot like it and I'm trying to figure it out.

It became this... But that was a year ago... It has been rode hard and put up wet... Torn down and destroyed now... The sight would make you cry... So I will just show you how it looked before all the destruction...

001-5.jpg

450redrider said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Cody,

Welcome to the site! And, Yes Cameron does have some kind of voodoo radar :lol: for finding the good stuff. If you are lookin for something specific & he doesn't know where to find it, it ain't available. :mrgreen: Looks like you have a lot of cool bikes there! 8)

mromerox said:
That western flyer you have posted, do you have any more info on it. Like year or model. I have one that looks a lot like it and I'm trying to figure it out.

I believe I looked it up one time or another and it was early 60's don't know what model it is
pick said:
450redrider said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Cody,

Welcome to the site! And, Yes Cameron does have some kind of voodoo radar :lol: for finding the good stuff. If you are lookin for something specific & he doesn't know where to find it, it ain't available. :mrgreen: Looks like you have a lot of cool bikes there! 8)

Yes he does in the 2 years I've been around the site and Cameron we have done plenty of swapping back and forth. Out of those bikes I still have 2 of them well 3 since I ended back up with the Western Flyer but have added probably 30 or so bikes to the collection not including the ones that have came and went

Latest posts

Back