Another Hiawatha ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me any info on this bike?? The # on the bottom are
<>1<>
ME
and maybe another 1 but its not in line with the other #s and way off to the side
Its badged as a Hiawatha with the Train badge
pwhiawa.jpg

Thanks in advance for any info 8)

Man, thats a cool bike. Id just slap on some whitewalls, grips, pedels and ride as is. What you have is a Murray built Hiawatha, by the looks of it, id guess 40's to early 50's at latest. Hiawathas were mainly built by Shelby, some Murray annd Huffy as along with some CWC (Cleveland Welding Co.) makes out there, and basically badged as Hiawathas. Doubt it is a Shelby, not a CWC, if I were wrong it would be a Huffy of same vintage, so I stick with my educated guess as a Murray. Again, cool ride!

8) Thanks for your input. I knew it wouldnt be a CWC built (I have a couple of those)
I was thinking of useing this frame for a motor bike build :)

The frame, fork and chainwheel are definitely Murray-built. The serial number probably decodes to 1940. The chainguard looks shelby-ish. The fenders do not look like Murray to me.

dougfisk said:
The frame, fork and chainwheel are definitely Murray-built. The serial number probably decodes to 1940. The chainguard looks shelby-ish. The fenders do not look like Murray to me.

Yeah, chainguard and fenders look "off" to me as well, but go good with the look of the bike. 8)

Latest posts

Back